Coronavirus

Groose

As we have mentioned several times. We will not tolerate any sort of attacking other users, fake news and bickering.  No further warnings will be given, your account will be suspeded.

Message added by Groose

2 hours ago, Albert the Cat said:

It's not even stats. It's just incorrect counting. COUNTING.

Sir Matt Hancock in next gong list, then.

3 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

It really isn’t. It’s legitimate criticism, and the government are lying to us, again. I can’t be the only one to settle for honesty in all this can I? Only, if what I’ve read is correct, they haven’t technically. Didn’t Hancock palm that question to a nearby expert?

Just tell the truth FFS. Stop aiming for targets that aren’t achievable, then you’re less likely to fail again, and less likely to have to lie to us again.

Same here - treat us as adults - stop the spin - own up to mistakes.

11 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

If that's a maths question, I fail.

However it does produce a follow up question. If the people are getting tested and have symptoms and the ratio is as you describe (I've no idea what it would be) where does that leave us?

As it's been in the community for as long as it has, is the test to see if you've had it more important? And - having seen the video - will it involve 6 inches of an 8 inch cotton bud going up your hooter?

Difficult to say. We could end up with 2.9m unemployed just directly from the hospitality industry, but that doesn't consider businesses that supply them. Then you've hairdressers etc etc, their suppliers.

It's been confirmed for sector's that cat open straight away furlough will continue 

Posted (edited)

Could someone please explain why, despite matching all the criteria, the government removed Covid 19 from the official list of  'High Consequence Infectious Diseases' on March 19th 2020, just as it was hitting the UK?

Could it be because the government knew, right from the start, it was unable to fulfil the legal requirement

to provide "an enhanced individual, population, and system response to ensure it is managed effectively, efficiently, and safely,"  thus cleverly sidestepping any legal obligation to do so, which might be used against them in any future court battle?

I really can't think of any other reason, can you?

Edited by Anna B

On 30/04/2020 at 13:42, OneSon said:

This is well worth watching and truly horrifying. 

Good heavens.  That should be enough for our leader to face trial at the Hague.

On 30/04/2020 at 18:16, OneSon said:

Chris Whitty looks very uncomfortable today - I feel desperately sorry for him. I know the situation with SAGE and government is very bad right now and there has been a splintering but that was difficult to watch. 

I'm sorry but I don't, nor Vallance, nor any of them.  With their privileged positions comes great responsibility to the people.  I see they are already trying to distance themselves from the catastrophe. The time to speak out was weeks ago, and not when it's too late, when an enquiry or court compels them to do.

12 minutes ago, Lex Luthor said:

Good heavens.  That should be enough for our leader to face trial at the Hague.

They will continue to use Cummings' PR stunts to distract people though. Yesterday we had high deaths and high new infections. Everybody was squabbling over tests though. This is very deliberate. 

The only figures anybody should be looking at is the number of people who have lost their life. It is a tragedy. 

19 hours ago, makapaka said:

Yeah I agree.

You’re right.

MEDIA/PUBLIC: “we want more testing”

GOVMT:*we’ll get  to 100,000 tests a day by end of April*
MEDIA/PUBLIC: ”you’ll never achieve it it’s a pipe dream - youre useless”

*nation achieves 100,000 tests at end of April”

MEDIA/PUBLIC:  “We don’t trust the tests - you’re useless”

Government:  Like every other proven successful strategy in managing the level of deaths that other countries have deployed, we're going to ignore all that because we think we can get away with it, and we'll tell the public that it's our policy.  We'll tell them that we're scrapping testing altogether.

WHO:  Test, test, test.

Public:  Why are you not testing?  After all, you set a target of 60% herd immunity, how were you ever going to know if/when that reckless and contested idea of a target of 60% was ever going to be reached without any tests?

Government:  Oh, we've got a problem now, it looks like we're not going to be able to get away with this but we haven't even got any tests.  

Public:  We need tests now.

Government:  Ok, don't worry about not having any tests, we'll give them some massive figure and tell them we'll achieve it by the end of next month - that should give them something to focus on, our friends of the press will help, and it'll take the heat off what's happening now.

Public - Yes, great target.  We are absolute morons.  We've got the highest level of deaths in Europe.  What a great achievement.

Offering people's names via PM is not acceptable. That post and the quote chain that followed it have all been removed.

Posted (edited)
On 30/04/2020 at 13:42, OneSon said:

This is well worth watching and truly horrifying. 

If you go back further than 5 years, we used to be able to cope with spikes in deaths better, although they may have waited in corridors.

No photo description available.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/excesswintermortalityinenglandandwales/2015to2016provisionaland2014to2015final

Edited by El Cid

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Anna B said:

Could someone please explain why, despite matching all the criteria, the government removed Covid 19 from the official list of  'High Consequence Infectious Diseases' on March 19th 2020, just as it was hitting the UK?

Could it be because the government knew, right from the start, it was unable to fulfil the legal requirement

to provide "an enhanced individual, population, and system response to ensure it is managed effectively, efficiently, and safely,"  thus cleverly sidestepping any legal obligation to do so, which might be used against them in any future court battle?

I would like to know more about this too. Was is Health England or someone that changed it? It would be interesting if we could find out.

Maybe its just me, but I find the press lacking in this area. Being able to find information in graphs to compare is difficult. I understand Germany publishes data such as the RO number, we keep things secret.

Edited by El Cid