Coronavirus

Groose

As we have mentioned several times. We will not tolerate any sort of attacking other users, fake news and bickering.  No further warnings will be given, your account will be suspeded.

Message added by Groose

10 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I think that was exceptional though. Everything shutting down, lovely weather on last weekend before the new rules came into force and people anxious to get away with nowhere to go. And, don't forget, people were being urged to get out into green space for their mental health. More confusing instructions. I'm sure they didn't expect the same numbers you'd get on a bank holiday weekend in high summer. Were people any closer together than they would be in a supermarket queue, or in work?

Was it necessary to stop the woman sitting alone on a park bench in an empty park? Are the parks open or not? Where are we allowed to walk and exercise our dog every day? I really don't know any more.

My partner tells me the streets are deserted except for shops which have queues of people who didn't panic buy and are ppresumably putting themselves in danger each time they go out. I'd rather the police used their time to investigate the employers who are forcing their many workers to work together in unsafe conditions with the threat of being sacked.. 

Good post Anna, yeah there are many factories up and down the country bullying their employees to work in unsafe  conditions, i work in a factory myself implementing the two meter rule, it doesnt work and is a complete farce,

incidentally, i got an email from Stenna Line the ferry company, telling me that if i had booked with them then the ferry was operating as normal, and they were implementing A ONE METER safe space...what the hell?  so we are still filling ferries cramped with people and ask people to keep one meter apart, but we cant allow people to walk on the hills in the peak District miles from anywhere with a dog???

1 minute ago, banjodeano said:

Good post Anna, yeah there are many factories up and down the country bullying their employees to work in unsafe  conditions, i work in a factory myself implementing the two meter rule, it doesnt work and is a complete farce,

incidentally, i got an email from Stenna Line the ferry company, telling me that if i had booked with them then the ferry was operating as normal, and they were implementing A ONE METER safe space...what the hell?  so we are still filling ferries cramped with people and ask people to keep one meter apart, but we cant allow people to walk on the hills in the peak District miles from anywhere with a dog???

I think it’s the getting there. You have a crash driving up there, that takes resources, come a cropper on a walking trail, that’s more resources - and both could be remote which has its own issues. Walking round my estate with the dog - much less risk for everyone.

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

There is the drone footage, of people who are in no way spreading the virus. Walking in the peak district alone or in a couple is entirely compatible with social isolating.

There's been several  accidents in last  couple of days of walkers needing mountain rescue teams to come help.

No one intends to have an accident.

Lots of MRT team members are from the nhs ,and many have issued pleas not to even put them at risk .

Without searching at least 5 teams have been called out in last week unpaid volunteers with family's at home.

I think it's a bit odd the access land has not been closed as they did when foot and mouth was raging.

Edited by butlers
So.

10 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

It's no worse for me than anyone else in same position, which is millions of people.

Income instantly stopped, and not only no savings but behind already because this has affected business for a while... in fact my first post in this forum was in the first page or two, and was about morons bullying chinese students, and work effectively was cut but 30% in one day due to 3 morons on West St.

But we moved on from there now.

I've never argued with you or bargepole before to my recollection, so if I wrote anything bad, then my apols

Wishing you well too Padders,

and all other members, argue or not :hihi:

though look at next...

see above, this type thing I think bad,

you should be ashamed banjo. you shown your colours here.  You have posted for years and we all disagree, but I think this is too far. I think very disrespectful, to everyone who is ill.

If this was something like twitter (that I don't use, but have), I would just skip by comments like this, but since  established member, I responded.

I thought he spoke well.

I like hearing Dr Jenny Harries, as she seems to be the least political answers, and says things as they are. Which I prefer, but I understand others don't

i am really sorry Ash that it was taken  out of context ...,  it was a tongue in cheek comment, that i BEGRUDGINGLY  wished him well......but not too quickly, i am sorry if you missed my humour, (of which i am not very good) but no malice was intended, my apologies if i offended you

56 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

As we are whistling to keep our spirits up, nice clip of nhs workers showing solidarity

8 hours ago, Robin-H said:

What is Macron doing for the self employed in France? 

Support was announced as part of the aid package for business announced on 17 March.

They didn't have to make a separate announcement having  missed them completely first time round,

33 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I think it’s the getting there. You have a crash driving up there, that takes resources, come a cropper on a walking trail, that’s more resources - and both could be remote which has its own issues. Walking round my estate with the dog - much less risk for everyone.

Yes, that's a good point, but why don't they say so.

The gov. has altered the advice a few hours back, do get exercise but stay local.

42 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

i am really sorry Ash that it was taken  out of context ...,  it was a tongue in cheek comment, that i BEGRUDGINGLY  wished him well......but not too quickly, i am sorry if you missed my humour, (of which i am not very good) but no malice was intended, my apologies if i offended you

Not offended me, I just thought looked disrespectful. Online hard to see tongue in cheek, I know,

no harm done,.  :)

We can argue again in other threads :hihi:

I think last weekend was a bit harsh on people - no one knew what to do.

they were told everywhere had shut. They were told they were allowed out for exercise and everyone went to same places.

ive got a dog (god knows how) but we got him last year. I need to walk him but I know where I can’t take him now because I know where there’s likely to be people so I’ve adjusted accordingly.

just needs common sense.

weve all got it - especially in Sheffield. 

come on folks we can do it - use your noodle.

The IMPLICATIONS of Corona Virus.....coming to a place near you and soon?

Serious and so VERY very sad. Urge anyone to read this link and take it in what it means.......what it really means.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52031539

I suspected this, around 3 or 4 weeks ago when a report online said that an Italian had their sister or  brother(sorry I forget which) who had Died from Corona Virus in the house for 2 or 3 days because the Funeral people wouldn't come....or couldn't get there (Isolation).....and it WASN'T an Isolated case either, ....NO Pun intended.

Having read the link, I'd suggest people take time to  think what it really means....if people are POWERLESS to do anything about this....or feel they have no choice but to accept this.

Suggest that the UK authorities could and very well SHOULD do more, now, in preparation for this.

It doesn't have to be this way, as people all present, could wear P.P.E. and be behind Glass or plastic screen...at a Hospital and/or Funeral Parlour, etc.

There MUST be something adequate, sensible, logical and compassionate that they can/could do?

They DON'T HAVE  to breathe on or touch each other.....and numbers at a Cremation or Burial service could be restricted to maybe a Dozen or so/Twenty at tops, perhaps??

Doesn't take too much money, effort or imagination to put those kind of things into place....and apply common sense....but I very much DOUBT if either common sense or Compassion will be considered by the clearly Clueless authorities.

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

Yes, that's a good point, but why don't they say so.

Why can’t people just do what theyre told? There isn’t a long essay taped to a bottle of bleach on what exactly happens to the body if you drink bleach and the methodology that goes with it. Do not ingest. That’s it. That’s enough.  Do not make unnecessary journies clearly isn’t.