Coronavirus

Groose

As we have mentioned several times. We will not tolerate any sort of attacking other users, fake news and bickering.  No further warnings will be given, your account will be suspeded.

Message added by Groose

14 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

Right, sorry guys for jumping in on this thread, and throwing it off track, my sincere apologies, but can anyone explain what the current situation is with regards to Boris and the comment about getting 80% of your wages compensated, is that only applicable when your site of employment has been ordered to close by the government, or is it still applicable if your employer chooses to close down the place of employment due to safety worries? ....where i work we are still working as normal for a week, then after that the company are closing down the site for two weeks and forcing everyone to use their holidays for that period. after that we have no idea what the plans are..

By the way, as much as i hate Doris, i wish him a full recovery.............  a slow one though 

As far as I can work out , if your business is suspended ie it’s not shut down but suspended and nobody is working (furloughed) then you’ll get 80% wages.  I’m guessing you employer is making you take holidays as they won’t be getting any money until end of April.

1 hour ago, onewheeldave said:

Good article about police abusing their powers in the name of coronovirus

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/derbyshire-police-should-leave-those-dog-walkers-alone

"This is deeply sinister. The drone footage should alarm anyone who cares for liberty. It shows people doing perfectly normal and perfectly safe things and then reprimands them for allegedly sinning against the lockdown.

One clip shows a couple walking their dog. And then comes the stiff reprimand: ‘Walking your dog in the Peak District — not essential’. Other ‘not essential’ activities include ‘Going for a walk miles from home’ and ‘Going out of your way for an Instagram snap’. Oh, the irony of the police secretly filming people from the sky and then telling them off for taking a selfie. At least the person’s selfie was consensual, you authoritarian halfwits.

This is an outrage against liberty. The vast majority of people accept the lockdown and are adhering to the rules. And within those rules we are allowed out for certain reasons. To shop, to help vulnerable people, to get exercise. The citizens outrageously filmed by the Derbyshire Stasi drone were all getting exercise. They were not close to anyone else. They were in the vast, sparsely populated Peak District. That’s about as socially distanced as you can be.

Indeed, in response to Derbyshire police’s claim that people should not be driving their cars to get to a preferred spot for their daily exercise or their daily dog-walk, the Cabinet Office says actually they can do this. It’s fine. In which case someone really needs to rein in the Derbyshire cops. It is completely unacceptable for a police force to seek to restrict people’s movement more than the elected government has deemed necessary. That way lies tyrannical overreach."

Did you not read about the masses of people gathering in the Peak District, Seaside, Mt Snowdon, over the last couple of days.

The police are simply trying to halt a repetition of this. Well done Derbyshire Police.

3 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

As far as I can work out , if your business is suspended ie it’s not shut down but suspended and nobody is working (furloughed) then you’ll get 80% wages.  I’m guessing you employer is making you take holidays as they won’t be getting any money until end of April.

This must be terribly confusing for a lot of people. Aren't there some sort of guidelines to help somewhere on the net?

There is the drone footage, of people who are in no way spreading the virus. Walking in the peak district alone or in a couple is entirely compatible with social isolating.

9 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

thanks Tinfoil, i very much appreciate your input, non of us at work have a clue what the situation is, also our employment is non essential, and we cant understand why the company has not been shut down, companies up and down the country have people coming and going spreading the virus around

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Padders said:

Did you not read about the masses of people gathering in the Peak District, Seaside, Mt Snowdon, over the last couple of days.

The police are simply trying to halt a repetition of this. Well done Derbyshire Police.

I think that was exceptional though. Everything shutting down, lovely weather on last weekend before the new rules came into force and people anxious to get away with nowhere to go. And, don't forget, people were being urged to get out into green space for their mental health. More confusing instructions. I'm sure they didn't expect the same numbers you'd get on a bank holiday weekend in high summer. Were people any closer together than they would be in a supermarket queue, or in work?

Was it necessary to stop the woman sitting alone on a park bench in an empty park? Are the parks open or not? Where are we allowed to walk and exercise our dog every day? I really don't know any more.

My partner tells me the streets are deserted except for shops which have queues of people who didn't panic buy and are ppresumably putting themselves in danger each time they go out. I'd rather the police used their time to investigate the employers who are forcing their many workers to work together in unsafe conditions with the threat of being sacked.. 

And, since you ask, I am going no further than my back garden and haven't been anywhere for the last 3 weeks with a minimum of another 11 to come, but at least I'm lucky enough to have a back garden, albeit small.

Edited by Anna B

16 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

There is the drone footage, of people who are in no way spreading the virus. Walking in the peak district alone or in a couple is entirely compatible with social isolating.

Social distancing during their walk isn't the issue. The fact they stupidly drove miles unnecessarily to make that walk is the problem. 

People like yourself need to get it into that skull of yours that government advice is there for a reason. Do not make unnecessary journeys whatsoever. You're a disgrace for advocating such behaviour. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, onewheeldave said:

That Bill also reduced the requirment for 2 doctors [one familiar with the patient] signatures, to just 1 doctor, to section a person.

I've yet to think of 1 possible way that can help against the virus, but can see how it could be wrongly used to eliminate those troubling dissenters who, suffering from a capacity for actual rational thought, continue to go outside alone for a healthy run or walk, when the authorities ramp up their quest for a totalitarian state by imposing a curfew.

Crazy as it sounds, the actual virus is now the very least of my worries, in comparison to the almost inevitable ramping up of these assaults on civil liberties, most of which are even more damaging to those of us who are autistic or otherwise vulnerable.

I have read the bill in its entirety. It is the single most terrifying piece of legislation I have ever seen in my life.  The fact that it was barely covered in the media is very worrying. 

The section on 'Managing the Deceased' tells you a bit about where we're heading with this pandemic. As does the indemnification of the health service. The most worrying parts are the sections on the Powers Relating to Potentially Infectious Persons. 

I can only hope that it is revoked in its entirety at the earliest possible point. 

Edited by OneSon

2 minutes ago, Albert the Cat said:

Social distancing during their walk isn't the issue. The fact they stupidly drove miles unnecessarily to make that walk is the problem. 

People like yourself need to get it into that skull of yours that government advice is there for a reason. Do not make unnecessary journeys whatsoever. You're a disgrace for advocating such behaviour. 

Heard a senior police officer on Radio Sheffield today.  Not sure if he was from S. Yorks or Derbyshire but he was saying that they stopped one bloke & his dog in a car in the last few days, who had apparently driven into the surrounding countryside to take his dog for a walk.... all the way from Ipswich (?).

1 hour ago, Padders said:

Ash, you are one of the good guys on this forum, It must be a very harrowing time for you and your family..

For what its worth, I wish you well..

Things will get better, yes It will take time, but we will get there.

Keep going, Keep posting, and all the best Mate.

It's no worse for me than anyone else in same position, which is millions of people.

Income instantly stopped, and not only no savings but behind already because this has affected business for a while... in fact my first post in this forum was in the first page or two, and was about morons bullying chinese students, and work effectively was cut but 30% in one day due to 3 morons on West St.

But we moved on from there now.

I've never argued with you or bargepole before to my recollection, so if I wrote anything bad, then my apols

Wishing you well too Padders,

and all other members, argue or not :hihi:

though look at next...

43 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

By the way, as much as i hate Doris, i wish him a full recovery.............  a slow one though 

see above, this type thing I think bad,

you should be ashamed banjo. you shown your colours here.  You have posted for years and we all disagree, but I think this is too far. I think very disrespectful, to everyone who is ill.

If this was something like twitter (that I don't use, but have), I would just skip by comments like this, but since  established member, I responded.

25 minutes ago, steved32 said:

The Lord help us.

Gove the educational ****-upper is now wheeled out as our leader....

I thought he spoke well.

I like hearing Dr Jenny Harries, as she seems to be the least political answers, and says things as they are. Which I prefer, but I understand others don't

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Anna B said:

This must be terribly confusing for a lot of people. Aren't there some sort of guidelines to help somewhere on the net?

Gov.uk is a decent enough start. The measures are good in the main and employers should know enough about them but they aren’t happening over night and some companies will hit the buffers. Self employed are going to struggle until June, new self employed who haven’t submitted accounts yet are largely <removed>. Self employed who weren’t entirely honest in their returns (I won’t name names) will be wishing they played with a straighter bat.

Martin Lewis naturally explains it all much better than I.

Edited by nikki-red

27 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

thanks Tinfoil, i very much appreciate your input, non of us at work have a clue what the situation is, also our employment is non essential, and we cant understand why the company has not been shut down, companies up and down the country have people coming and going spreading the virus around

Mine is non-essential and it’s not a case of closing for safety but my order books have emptied to zero. Unless your employer is directly involved in the war effort, their orders must be taking a knock or they have social distancing issues. Help from the government doesn’t kick in until April so they might be hanging on til then or fulfilling orders that they can then invoice.