Can I Use Cooking Salt Instead Of Weedkiller ?

Because I cant get out to the shops to buy any weedkiller, someone told me I can use cooking salt instead. I have plenty of this in but will it work ?

27 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Because I cant get out to the shops to buy any weedkiller, someone told me I can use cooking salt instead. I have plenty of this in but will it work ?

A quick google search reveals,

(Table salt is recommended quite a bit for killing weeds, it can be used in water, as a solid, or mixed with vinegar. Salt does kill weeds as well as other plants)

11 minutes ago, Padders said:

A quick google search reveals,

(Table salt is recommended quite a bit for killing weeds, it can be used in water, as a solid, or mixed with vinegar. Salt does kill weeds as well as other plants)

Thank you Padders. I shall put some on this afternoon.!

16 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Thank you Padders. I shall put some on this afternoon.!

I'm like you I want some weedkiller.. I keep my garden neat and tidy, and pride myself on having no weeds on the lawn, however at the moment it's full of weeds, and it's doing my head in.. I always buy that weedkiller what kills the weeds but not the grass.

Each day I have a quick walk around the lawn, and if I see a weed spray it, and it's gone the next day, salt is no good for me cus it kills the grass.

1 hour ago, Padders said:

I'm like you I want some weedkiller.. I keep my garden neat and tidy, and pride myself on having no weeds on the lawn, however at the moment it's full of weeds, and it's doing my head in.. I always buy that weedkiller what kills the weeds but not the grass.

Each day I have a quick walk around the lawn, and if I see a weed spray it, and it's gone the next day, salt is no good for me cus it kills the grass.

I have two large lawns but they have no weeds in them. Mine are in between paving stones etc; but if you don’t kill them at the beginning of the season they are harder to get up.