Gluten Free Donner Meat

Hi, my son was diagonsied with coeliac disease in January and is missing donner meat so much. Ive tried to do home made but "its nothing like a takeaway (according to my son)" i have tried to call a few places but they all advised they wasnt sure on ingredients 🙄. Does anyone know of any places in sheffield that can offer gluten free kebab meat? Hes not bothered about the pitta as he can use one from home, all he wants is a tray of Donner meat. Any recommendations please? Thank you

15 hours ago, Brjr93 said:

i have tried to call a few places but they all advised they wasnt sure on ingredients

More likely they didn't want to tell you what's in them!

Mind you, I could murder a Charlies kebab right now, Not sure where they are, I just use that Just Eat thing to order. It might be worth calling them but you may get the same answer.

I hope your son finds his comfort grub or you manage to master the recipe 😉

yes tried the bag from Iceland and its a low price,mine was fine,with salad extra

This post reminds me of 'Chubbies'....Cambridge Street...The best lamb kebabs money can buy...Expensive @ £5.80...But well worth it...I doubt they are open at the moment? 

26 minutes ago, bassett one said:

yes tried the bag from Iceland and its a low price,mine was fine,with salad extra

Iv'e tried this stuff...The flavour is excellent...It's the texture and whats in it that bother me..!

Guest makapaka

Nothing has ever come close to making me want to eat doner meat - not even a gallon.

Edited by makapaka

On 09/04/2020 at 14:34, zach said:

More likely they didn't want to tell you what's in them!

This reminds of the Simpsons episode, Lisa the vegetarian.

Lisa Simpson:  Isn't there anything here that doesn't have meat in it?
Lunchlady Doris: Possibly the meatloaf

Here, found it on Youtube:

Haha, I remember the episode.  And probably true when it comes to some kebabs,..or meatloaf 😉

Been Coeliac for years now and nothing comes close to a Friday Night Kebab- GF Donor meat never found any  😫