Best Kind Of Garden Feed ?

I only grow Perrenials especially Hydrangeas. However, I never feed them but would like to this year. Is it too late to put feed on and if not what kind of feed is best ?  I would prefer something easy that I could scatter on rather than the type you put in a watering can and add water to.

Not saying this is the best, but if I need to use it I keep a box of blood fish & bone. It's Aldi brand, but other companies supply it.

Probably best applying around the base of the shrubs not throwing on  the foliage from the top. The rain will wash it down to the roots eventually. Apply when it is not windy. 

On 11/04/2020 at 09:35, Janus said:

Not saying this is the best, but if I need to use it I keep a box of blood fish & bone. It's Aldi brand, but other companies supply it.

Probably best applying around the base of the shrubs not throwing on  the foliage from the top. The rain will wash it down to the roots eventually. Apply when it is not windy. 

I shop at Aldi so will look for this next time I’m in. Thank you Janus, that’s very helpful.

Save yourself a few bob and mulch with comfrey leaves which is a fantastic fertiliser , this will also  help reduce condensation from the ground and smother weeds

On 15/04/2020 at 09:17, Thorpist said:

Save yourself a few bob and mulch with comfrey leaves which is a fantastic fertiliser , this will also  help reduce condensation from the ground and smother weeds

Thanks I will try this.

Blood fish and bone👍

And my Tom plants and hanging baskets love the dirty water I take out of my pond filter every other week,its magic stuff👍

Thanks for all your helpful replies.

re-food for hydrangeas they do special food for them as they like acidic soil,i like to use all those mentioned and I grow comfrey and put leaves in a lid top bucket with water and leave for 14 days ,it smells a bit but put a pint in the watering can at a time and its good,if you have comfrey in your garden ,its all you need really,i also like chicken pellets every 3 months,put down just before rain due,hope this helps you.

11 hours ago, bassett one said:

re-food for hydrangeas they do special food for them as they like acidic soil,i like to use all those mentioned and I grow comfrey and put leaves in a lid top bucket with water and leave for 14 days ,it smells a bit but put a pint in the watering can at a time and its good,if you have comfrey in your garden ,its all you need really,i also like chicken pellets every 3 months,put down just before rain due,hope this helps you.

Thanks ,yes it has helped.