Business Grants - Covid19

I'm posting on behalf of SCC.

There are grants of £10,000 & £25,000 available for many businesses in Sheffield. To check eligibility and apply, please go to www.sheffield.gov.uk/coronavirus-business   

If you want advice on either eligibility or what information to include in your application etc then please call  0114 224 5000 BEFORE YOU SUBMIT  it and we'll do all we can to help. 

We also have a team of experienced business advisors who can advise you on business continuity etc during these unprecedented times. To book a telephone appointment with an advisor, again please call 0114 224 5000

Does anybody know how long it takes for the 10k grant to be processed? 
Barnsley is about a week, mine was sent to SCC over a week ago, I have a ref no. But no phones are being answered by SCC including the 0114 224 5000 one .

6 hours ago, Peter Branson said:

Does anybody know how long it takes for the 10k grant to be processed? 
Barnsley is about a week, mine was sent to SCC over a week ago, I have a ref no. But no phones are being answered by SCC including the 0114 224 5000 one .

Hi Peter. For applications that are complete with all relevant info, then it's taking about a week to process and pay (and that's speeding up I understand), but then it takes typically 3-5 days from it being paid to it hitting your bank. If there's vital info missing, or stuff doesn't marry up etc then those applications will be followed up by email or phone to get the missing/erroneous info sorted. Anyone who had missing/wrong info etc and now has the new/right info can call 0114 224 5000 and we'll pass it on to the rates dept. If we don't answer, that's because we're all on calls, so please bear with us and try again.

A quick update: SCC have now processed and paid nearly 1500 applications, totalling over £18,500,000. The team doing the processing, including those contacting applicants whose forms had missing/erroneous information etc, is being expanded further. The rates dept are also working, processing applications all over the bank holiday weekend, although the helpline will be closed from 5pm today until 9am Tuesday.

Hi all, I cannot find my business rates account number so unable to apply.

Been trying the number for over a week, no answer or service temporarily closed.

Where can I get this info? - I have no letters!!

Just now, Eurocoms said:

Hi all, I cannot find my business rates account number so unable to apply.

Been trying the number for over a week, no answer or service temporarily closed.

Where can I get this info? - I have no letters!!

Not having your business rates account number doesn't stop you from applying, although it does slow the process up. PM me a contact number and I'll call you tomorrow and explain what you need to do.

Regards

Hi,

Please call my mobile if possible - 07995590933

Hi I've tried calling but it says number not valid?

As I've explained  to Eurocoms YOU CAN APPLY FOR THE GRANT even if you don't have a business rates account number. Before you do PLEASE RING our helpline 0114 224 5000 and we'll talk you through what to do. 

Edited by NewBiz