Student Areas In Sheffield (Question)

According to the 2011 data at Nomis, which I linked to above, the wards in order of student population were:

2011 ward numbers % Sort
Broomhill 5,910 40.8
Central 12,330 38.9
Fulwood 3,520 28.1
Walkley 3,733 23.2
Crookes 2,735 21.5
Burngreave 1,694 10.2
Manor Castle 1,393 9.9
Nether Edge 1,354 9.9
Darnall 1,122 7.9
Arbourthorne 840 6.9
Firth Park 832 6.5
Ecclesall 731 6.3
Gleadless Valley 856 6.1
Shiregreen and Brightside 666 5.0
Dore and Totley 476 4.9
Hillsborough 570 4.6
Beauchief and Greenhill 521 4.6
Southey 533 4.5
Beighton 515 4.3
Stannington 471 4.2
Woodhouse 437 4.1
Graves Park 442 4.1
Birley 417 4.1
West Ecclesfield 427 3.9
Richmond 425 3.8
Stocksbridge and Upper Don 442 3.8
East Ecclesfield 411 3.5
Mosborough 335 3.0

This doesn't just mean University students.

(https://www.nomisweb.co.uk/reports/lmp/ward2011/1140857319/subreports/ward2011einact_compared/report.aspx)

13 hours ago, Dannyno said:

According to the 2011 data at Nomis, which I linked to above, the wards in order of student population were:

This doesn't just mean University students.

(https://www.nomisweb.co.uk/reports/lmp/ward2011/1140857319/subreports/ward2011einact_compared/report.aspx)

Just shows the naivety of the request - sorry tried to edit out the table

Edited by Bigal1

Hunters Bar has whittled down its student population now quite considerably thanks to 'zero tolerance' community associations who have hounded them out since the ghetto years,  which was why these associations formed themselves to combat the student scourge.  Plus the new purpose- built accommodation in the city centre areas have been a Godsend.  Hunters Bar landlords struggle to get students to rent there now, as the word has obviously gone out, and have agreed with each other via the landlords associations to stagger the sale of their buy to lets to keep prices up. All good for us. We won't rest till the students have all gone. They are a nuisance every single day for one reason or another -bins left on streets, windows open with bass beat sounds day and night, pungent odours, litter etc.

6 hours ago, Jeddo said:

Hunters Bar has whittled down its student population now quite considerably thanks to 'zero tolerance' community associations who have hounded them out since the ghetto years,  which was why these associations formed themselves to combat the student scourge.  Plus the new purpose- built accommodation in the city centre areas have been a Godsend.  Hunters Bar landlords struggle to get students to rent there now, as the word has obviously gone out, and have agreed with each other via the landlords associations to stagger the sale of their buy to lets to keep prices up. All good for us. We won't rest till the students have all gone. They are a nuisance every single day for one reason or another -bins left on streets, windows open with bass beat sounds day and night, pungent odours, litter etc.

Not sure about Hunters Bar but previously student-heavy Crookes has seen house prices drop over the past few years, against the trend for Sheffield as a whole. 

I’d have thought the student population percentage has dropped in all areas outside the centre over the past 5 or 6 years as students migrate into the city centre. 

I bought a town house in Broomhill that 3 years ago had 8 medical students. In the two years I’ve been here I’ve noticed a drop in numbers. The current situation may push more private landlords to sell or move to normal rentals.