Student Areas In Sheffield (Question)

Can someone tell me what areas of sheffield are mostly students ?  (so areas say where students account for 90% of students)

This is connection with a business i am developing , any help appreciated

It’s easier to tell you which areas aren’t student areas.

1 hour ago, Londonlad18 said:

Can someone tell me what areas of sheffield are mostly students ?  (so areas say where students account for 90% of students)

You can research this properly using official data.

Explore here:

https://www.nomisweb.co.uk/reports/lmp/ward2011/contents.aspx

https://www.nomisweb.co.uk/reports/lmp/ward2011/1946157123/report.aspx

1 hour ago, Londonlad18 said:

There are no traditional areas in Sheffield with over 90% student population and never have been. (Endcliffe Ranmoor excepted).

Broomhill was traditionally the centre of the student population as the University Halls of Residence were focused here and it was where the students wanted to be. 

As the student population grew the University and later private landlords then later still @buy to let@ began buying the larger properties in Crookes, Broomhall,  Sharrow, Walkley, Eccleshall, Nether Edge etc,-all within a 2 mile radius of the city.

The student population in these areas is now in decline as new specific student housing closer to the city in former industrial areas even closer to the centre like Highfield, Moorfoot, City centre, Netherthorpe, Neepsend, Kelham Island etc. Some of these new areas have your required 90% 

Sheffield Council and Business centres can provide you with the population data you need and access to 2011 census data and Planning Application data. 

Location of pubs in Sheffield is an indicator of  disposable income and where people go to spend.

Probably the only places with 90% students are the halls of residence and immediate area and parts of the odd street, typically away from the halls student properties are alongside private residents

Whilst I fully understand a business may wish to target students I am surprised that it needs a 90% penetration figure and not just large numbers of students within a catchment area

On 06/04/2020 at 17:18, lazarus said:

It’s easier to tell you which areas aren’t student areas.

What a weird comment? Clearly not true. Sure, a lot of city centre flats will tend to be focused towards students, and you have pockets outside the city centre like Ecclesall Road, Broomhill, Crookes (and even those areas still have probably just as many non-students living in the area); but the vast majority of Sheffield is free of students full stop, let alone in any great numbers.

Edited by AndrewC

I don't think there are such areas these days, there have been a lot of new developments of student accommodation around London Road/Bramall Lane, the City Centre,  Kelham Island/Shalesmoor and Endcliffe as well as some shared houses in places like Crookes, Walkley and Broomhill. None of these districts are exclusively student though.

42 minutes ago, AndrewC said:

What a weird comment? Clearly not true. Sure, a lot of city centre flats will tend to be focused towards students, and you have pockets outside the city centre like Ecclesall Road, Broomhill, Crookes (and even those areas still have probably just as many non-students living in the area); but the vast majority of Sheffield is free of students full stop, let alone in any great numbers.

You go up Broomhall and beyond to see all the old houses converted into student flats, the areas that don’t have students is the council estates.

1 hour ago, lazarus said:

You go up Broomhall and beyond to see all the old houses converted into student flats, the areas that don’t have students is the council estates.

Most of large old houses you observe  "... up(? ) Broomhall...",  (do you mean Broomhill? )belong to the Universities, are offices, schools and NHS  clinics and offices. 

These Victorian and Edwardian buildings were and still are too big for the nuclear families and costly to buy and maintain. 

The  '...council estates...' are generally too far away from where  the students want to be and the wrong design for multiple occupancy.

would appear that OP has given up on his post and decided to stay in London

17 hours ago, lazarus said:

Or huge swathes of privately owned housing in SE Sheffield, North Sheffield etc

Sheffield's 2 universities have 60,000 students. Not all of these live in Sheffield. The population of  City of Sheffield is 575,000.

So about 10% students, 90%  not students.

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/content/dam/sheffield/docs/your-city-council/facts-figures/Sheffield Factsheet v1.pdf