Are We Heading For A Recession Like In The 30s?

52 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I think you have to come up against it to realise it.

That's why Jeremy Corbyn did most of his electioneering live from his soapbox around the country, it was the only way he had open to him that couldn't be manipulated in some way. You can only trust what you see and hear live out of the horses mouth in the full context, everything else is open to abuse.

And very powerful it was, he garnered an army of fans and grew  the Labour party to be the largest in Europe. 

However, a determined mass media wins every time, until all the people realise they can't trust it.

Or, maybe he just wasn’t that good.

1 hour ago, Pettytom said:

Or, maybe he just wasn’t that good.

Polling shows with identical policies and a different leader, the Tories would have a far smaller majority now.

Thanks a lot momentum and Corbynistas.

21 minutes ago, nightrider said:

Polling shows with identical policies and a different leader, the Tories would have a far smaller majority now.

Thanks a lot momentum and Corbynistas.

Whereas another politician can promise exactly the same, with no intention or ability of delivering. 

They'll be the candidate allowed to win the next election.

Edited by Anna B

Just now, Anna B said:

Whereas another politician can promise exactly the same, with no intention or ability of delivering. 

We're getting way off topic here, but neither could corbyn. He thought he could negotiate anything and if you're going to do that you'll give a bit.

But 30s and then some I reckon.  Royal mail, will see a spike in profits as p45s are sent out en masse next month.

2 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

We're getting way off topic here, but neither could corbyn. He thought he could negotiate anything and if you're going to do that you'll give a bit.

But 30s and then some I reckon.  Royal mail, will see a spike in profits as p45s are sent out en masse next month.

Yes indeed. Boy are we going to need a politician who will fight, and fight bloody hard, for the little people.

Where is that politician?

Edited by Anna B

21 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Yes indeed. Boy are we going to need a politician who will fight, and fight bloody hard, for the little people.

Where is that politician?

Kier Starmer but has in opposition and the government has an 80 seat majority full of brexit acolytes. 

He can wipe the floor with Johnson every PMQs but his options are limited.

3 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Kier Starmer but has in opposition and the government has an 80 seat majority full of brexit acolytes. 

He can wipe the floor with Johnson every PMQs but his options are limited.

Starmer? I very much doubt it to be honest. Too soft, no fire, he's not the battler the little people are going to need. He can talk the talk but not walk the walk.  

That 80 seat majority will be the biggest mistake the working class has ever made. They need to know, not only who is on their side, but who is tough enough and capable of making the changes necessary to protect them. otherwise it's a very bleak future for them.

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

Starmer? I very much doubt it to be honest. Too soft, no fire, he's not the battler the little people are going to need. He can talk the talk but not walk the walk.  

That 80 seat majority will be the biggest mistake the working class has ever made. They need to know, not only who is on their side, but who is tough enough and capable of making the changes necessary to protect them. otherwise it's a very bleak future for them.

Not a battler? What’s he supposed to do, launch across the House and grab Johnson by the throat? Not tough enough? Good heavens Anna.

He is systematically taking Johnson apart every PMQs and taking him to task where possible. I suspect he’ll make changes when he gets the job in four years.

However, the working class put Johnson exactly were he is. They voted for him to get brexit done and send the foreigners home. Don’t forget that.

3 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Not a battler? What’s he supposed to do, launch across the House and grab Johnson by the throat? Not tough enough? Good heavens Anna.

He is systematically taking Johnson apart every PMQs and taking him to task where possible. I suspect he’ll make changes when he gets the job in four years.

However, the working class put Johnson exactly were he is. They voted for him to get brexit done and send the foreigners home. Don’t forget that.

I agree he knows his stuff at the dispatch box, but apart from that I think his general demeanour comes across as a bit weak and woolley. I don't think he has the strength of character to follow through in the face of the sort of criticism Corbyn got, nor do I think he represents the people enough to carry them with him. I hope I'm wrong but we shall see.

The working class did indeed put Johnson in charge, a move I believe they'll come to bitterly regret. 

24 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I agree he knows his stuff at the dispatch box, but apart from that I think his general demeanour comes across as a bit weak and woolley. I don't think he has the strength of character to follow through in the face of the sort of criticism Corbyn got, nor do I think he represents the people enough to carry them with him. I hope I'm wrong but we shall see.

The working class did indeed put Johnson in charge, a move I believe they'll come to bitterly regret. 

The working class put Johnson in charge, rather than putting Corbyn in charge. I’d just let that sink in properly, if I were you.

Starmer is just fine. He’s intelligent. He’s principled. He’s also quite strategic. At the moment we are almost four years from a GE. By the end of that time, Johnson will be a gibbering wreck if he has to face Starmer once a week.

There really is no rush, and we are in exceptional times.

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

He won’t face the criticism that Corbyn got. How could he? As far as I know, he hasn’t palled up with the IRA or Hezbollah, he’s not an anti Semite and I think he sings God Save the Queen when it’s called for. In other words he’s a patriot. Very important when you run for PM.

2 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

He won’t face the criticism that Corbyn got. How could he? As far as I know, he hasn’t palled up with the IRA or Hezbollah, he’s not an anti Semite and I think he sings God Save the Queen when it’s called for. In other words he’s a patriot. Very important when you run for PM.

Oh please.....  You're a bit late to the party aren't you? But just for your benefit....

Corbyn believes that talking to the likes of the IRA and Hezbollah is more productive than bombing and shooting them.

He is not an anti-semite and never has been.

He is happily respectful to the Queen.

He's as patriotic as most people, just not a rabid jingoistic zealot.

Please don't just believe what you read/see in the media...

Edited by Anna B