Relationships

How many relationships do you think will be brought down by this isolation ?

Edited by Rivelin6

1 hour ago, Halibut said:

Hundreds of Thousands 

1 minute ago, Rivelin6 said:

I agree, we are lucky as I'm a key worker so have to go out to work. 

Edited by Rivelin6

I'd say the opposite,  should bring families together.

I saw an advert saying domestic abuse is on the rise during this time.  Let's hope both men and women can still get the help they need if this is happening.

Personally I'm sure that after nearly 40 years me and O/H can survive this.  If not, I'll survive 😉:D  

1 hour ago, Mr Fisk said:

This remind me of one of the 5 O'clock updates, a question was posed regarding mental health and turning to drink and drugs while people are housebound. Her reply was along the lines of 'dont be silly, I think people are more turning to their own health and practising indoor exercises along with youtube health videos' Her reply really felt like really wistful thinking, or cloud cuckoo land

9 hours ago, Mr Fisk said:

Wishful thinking I fear. For many couples and families it will prove to be an utterly hellish experience.

14 hours ago, Rivelin6 said:

How many relationships do you think will be brought down by this isolation ?

If they are brought down, they couldn’t have been very strong to start off with !

4 minutes ago, pattricia said:

If they are brought down, they couldn’t have been very strong to start off with !

From the Independent newspaper -

''Data published by the Office for National Statistics (ONS) show 80 women were killed by a current or ex-partner between April 2018 and March 2019 – a 27 per cent increase on the year before.

The number of female victims of overall homicides in England and Wales rose by 10 per cent in the year up to March 2019 – the highest number for 13 years. 

Almost half of these female victims were killed in a domestic homicide – with the suspect being a partner or ex-partner in 38 per cent of cases.''

The sad reality is that these numbers will be even higher next year. Anyone who believes otherwise is naive at best.

9 hours ago, jane2008 said:

I saw an advert saying domestic abuse is on the rise during this time.  Let's hope both men and women can still get the help they need if this is happening.

Personally I'm sure that after nearly 40 years me and O/H can survive this.  If not, I'll survive 😉:D  

Cum on Jane, lets be fair,  If your O/H can survive 40yrs with you, then this will be a drop in the ocean for him.....

1 hour ago, pattricia said:

I completly agree,  this type of adversity test fickle and strong genuine relationships, the strongest survive, the lesser just wernt meant to be,  k sara sara. ❤️