Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I’m thinking about filling my rather empty diary with something productive. Would like it be ideally something that will result in a recognised qualification - or could be used in the future towards one.

 

Google produced a few answers but I don’t know who I should be looking at and who I should be avoiding. Any help  appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shaw Academy - based in Dublin, I think - used to offer a range of online courses a while ago, and maybe still do.

Everything from music theory to B-S-ology.

Quite a few were free, as long as you could put up with the push to take a (pay) follow-up course towards the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

MOOC  s?

 

(helpdesk referred to the PPE ordering system rather than 111 btw).

Edited by fools

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

I’m thinking about filling my rather empty diary with something productive. Would like it be ideally something that will result in a recognised qualification - or could be used in the future towards one.

 

Google produced a few answers but I don’t know who I should be looking at and who I should be avoiding. Any help  appreciated.

Have a look at eDX or Coursera...I've done eDX courses in a few work-related things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you all, I will have a look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Future Learn have a massive choice of subjects on offer - both professional and interest only topics - some leading to qualifications I think and/or counting towards CPD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lectrolove said:

Open University are offering a huge range of free short courses.

 

https://www.open.edu/openlearn/education/free-courses

Great link that thanks.

 

I also looking for something like this.

 

Let us know what you find for the links @tinfoilhat

All the subjects are Education and development, but full list here

 

https://www.open.edu/openlearn/free-courses/full-catalogue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Future Learn looked a decent option for me but I'm going to look at the open university as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Future Learn looked a decent option for me but I'm going to look at the open university as well.

me too, I've been looking through the OU, and picked one already - glad you started this thread :)

Edited by *_ash_*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It has brought to my attention that I'm thicker than a pile of rocks as I don't fully understand half the course learning outcomes!

 

Still looking for intermediate colouring in at this point (course outcome, keeping inside the lines)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

It has brought to my attention that I'm thicker than a pile of rocks as I don't fully understand half the course learning outcomes!

 

Still looking for intermediate colouring in at this point (course outcome, keeping inside the lines)

I think that given that most are 6-20 hour courses, that at the end, you'll know a bit more about if you want to study further.

 

Also I would copy them and put on CV, and say, I was keeping busy learning whilst out of work due to virus. Shows potential employer that not lazy.

 

Probably if looking for more advanced courses, the OU option isn't best? I don't know, just guessing, and looking at what I looked through today.

 

I've bookmarked about 10 that I want to do, all intro ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.