Should Professional Footballers Donate Part Of Their Salaries To Less Fortunate

28 minutes ago, andyofborg said:

why?

Because £100,000 is more than enough to live on, a lavish life style can still be maintained on a wage like that.

Film stars, footballers, company directors, ETC. are earning millions in a week, scandalous.

sorry I mean in a year.

Edited by Padders
added on.

I was reading earlier about Gary Neville having a go at Matt Hancock for saying PL players should take a cut whilst the crisis is on so I did a bit of research and found the average salary for players at each club.  

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/every-premier-league-clubs-average-20916779

Every Premier League club's average salary...

20. Sheffield United - £9,000

19. Norwich City - £12,000

18. Aston Villa - £25,000

17.Watford - £30,000

16.Brighton - £30,000

15.Burnley - £35,000

14.Bournemouth - £35,000

13. Wolverhampton Wanderers - £36,673

12.Newcastle - £38,000

11.Southampton - £50,000

10. Leicester City - £50,000

9. Crystal Palace - £55,000

8. West Ham - £65,000

7. Everton - £65,000

6. Tottenham - £72,500

5. Manchester United - £90,000

4. Arsenal - £92,000

3. Chelsea - £95,000

2. Liverpool - £100,000

1. Manchester City - £115,000

Man Utd's David de Gea is reportedly on £375,000 a week whilst their lowest paid is Scott McTominay is on a reported £10,000.

Man City pay Kevin De Bruyne £350,000 a week, Raheem Sterling £300,000 and Sergio Aguero £230,000.

Tottenham's Harry Kane is on £200,000 a week as is team mate Tanguy Ndombele, yet Tottenham are quite happy to keep paying these huge salaries while putting all other employees on furlough with the taxpayer funding them.

Certainly I think all BBC staff should be hit hard,like I've said before...Steve Wright gets £500000 ,that is pathetic !!!

3 hours ago, Chaddamp said:

For a "kick off" Gary Linaker could donate his BBC salary,then his BT salary and then his Walkers crisps money then …….perhaps some of his personal wealth.

Matt Hancock could follow his public  calls to  footballers by publicly asking that his own wealthy business family , wealthy enough to send him to Public school, also chip in to " the Public good". Whilst he's at it his mate Boris could also make a public appeal to his fabulously wealthy family to do their bit.

But no let's draw the country's attention to footballers

Linakers  supposed £140K donation is probably ONLY one weeks earnings  for  opening his gob for the over paid sports people,remember when sports was amateur and people did it for the national pride?Too many public sector workers are over paid,I include bin collectors £30k for walking around and like all public sector workers get 6months full pay for illness and pension entitlements far better than the equivalent £30k private sector employees. Get rid of BBC,get the employees into private sector and then they'll realise what living in the real world is

Please stay on topic. 

This is in the Sports Section, it isn’t yet another BBC thread.

Edited by nikki-red

4 hours ago, Chaddamp said:

Linakers  supposed £140K donation is probably ONLY one weeks earnings  for  opening his gob for the over paid sports people,remember when sports was amateur and people did it for the national pride?Too many public sector workers are over paid,I include bin collectors £30k for walking around and like all public sector workers get 6months full pay for illness and pension entitlements far better than the equivalent £30k private sector employees. Get rid of BBC,get the employees into private sector and then they'll realise what living in the real world is

The bbc is producing 14 weeks of educational programmes for all ages.

Whats Netflix doing?

If the footballers want to do a deal where they donate 20% oftheir salary - go for it. I’m not comfortable with clubs with billionaire owners shaking down the tax payer for 80% of non-playing staff wages. 

I turned my back on football years ago ,I read that most Premiership sides don't need anyone through turnstyles due to all the money they get elsewhere, it was a game for the working class,now one for the very rich, it won't last cos the rich aren't real supporters of anything except their own wealth.Just think now how frustrated they must feel cos they can't jet off to their properties around the world due to whats happening now with covid...ooh and no footy either ...poor sods ha ha

20 hours ago, Chaddamp said:

I turned my back on football years ago ,I read that most Premiership sides don't need anyone through turnstyles due to all the money they get elsewhere, it was a game for the working class,now one for the very rich, it won't last cos the rich aren't real supporters of anything except their own wealth.Just think now how frustrated they must feel cos they can't jet off to their properties around the world due to whats happening now with covid...ooh and no footy either ...poor sods ha ha

Not frustrated at all, I should imagine: Super-rich jet off to disaster bunkers amid coronavirus outbreak

On 03/04/2020 at 13:02, Ridgewalk said:

Matt Hancock could follow his public  calls to  footballers by publicly asking that his own wealthy business family , wealthy enough to send him to Public school, also chip in to " the Public good". Whilst he's at it his mate Boris could also make a public appeal to his fabulously wealthy family to do their bit.

But no let's draw the country's attention to footballers

This!

It's nothing but another class war, demonising footballers who mostly come from white working class and immigrant backgrounds.

1 hour ago, The Joker said:

This!

It's nothing but another class war, demonising footballers who mostly come from white working class and immigrant backgrounds.

And they are employed by their clubs and pay PAYE. How much tax does rees mogg pay? The Barclay brothers? That greasy **** green or Dyson?

Footballers are an easy target. 

11 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

And they are employed by their clubs and pay PAYE. How much tax does rees mogg pay? The Barclay brothers? That greasy **** green or Dyson?

Footballers are an easy target. 

Urgh, could you not choose any more loathsome examples than those two cretins?

Here's what "Sir" Philip Green has been up to recently:

Philip Green asks for taxpayer support to prop up Arcadia

Billionaire asks government to pay 14,500 employees out of emergency wage scheme

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/apr/02/philip-green-asks-for-taxpayer-support-to-prop-up-arcadia

And here's what the Demon Headmaster has been up to:

Rees-Mogg firm accused of cashing in on coronavirus crisis

Investors told they could make ‘super normal returns’

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/apr/05/rees-mogg-firm-accused-of-cashing-in-on-coronavirus-crisis

Are we really all in this together?  I don't think so

Edited by The Joker