Is There Anyway You Can Find Out What Fines Dvla Have Sent You?

Hi

I’ve recieved a letter today from a debt agency for hundreds of pounds relating to a court case brought by the DVLA that I failed to appear at last year as I was unaware of it.

Long story short, I failed to update my v5 when I moved house a couple of years ago and only realised last year when I recieved a fine through the post for 80 pounds from a different debt agency saying that I’d not got any valid car tax(I pay 30pounds a year and normally just wait for the reminder to come through) but because I’d not updated my v5(I had updated my driving license) and stupidly forgot to do so I paid the fine and went to the post office to buy a new v5 as I couldn’t find my old one and to pay a years tax at the same time. Fast forward 2 months later at the back end of last year a letter from the DVLA(they had my new address at that point obviously) to say my car had been seen on a public road from the time it haven’t been taxed and I was needing to pay an out of court settlement of 49 pounds otherwise they will take me to court which again I paid straight away. I’ve now received this debt letter and am worried that the 4 months I was driving around without tax(stupid I know) I may have been sent another out of court settlement letter to my old address that I’ve obviously not seen and that’s the one that they’ve sent to court and now a debt agency is chasing.

phoned the debt agency and they say I was due in court on the 29th aug last year and the DVLA letter I recieved for 49.00 in Sept was to say I’d been spotted in July so can’t help thinking it’s for a different occurrence. 
tried calling DVLA but they’re not answering calls at the moment with Coronavirus.

is it possible to be sent to court for the same thing twice on 2 separate occasions? Anyone with any advise would be great.

1 hour ago, susa41981 said:

Hi

I’ve recieved a letter today from a debt agency for hundreds of pounds relating to a court case brought by the DVLA that I failed to appear at last year as I was unaware of it.

Long story short, I failed to update my v5 when I moved house a couple of years ago and only realised last year when I recieved a fine through the post for 80 pounds from a different debt agency saying that I’d not got any valid car tax(I pay 30pounds a year and normally just wait for the reminder to come through) but because I’d not updated my v5(I had updated my driving license) and stupidly forgot to do so I paid the fine and went to the post office to buy a new v5 as I couldn’t find my old one and to pay a years tax at the same time. Fast forward 2 months later at the back end of last year a letter from the DVLA(they had my new address at that point obviously) to say my car had been seen on a public road from the time it haven’t been taxed and I was needing to pay an out of court settlement of 49 pounds otherwise they will take me to court which again I paid straight away. I’ve now received this debt letter and am worried that the 4 months I was driving around without tax(stupid I know) I may have been sent another out of court settlement letter to my old address that I’ve obviously not seen and that’s the one that they’ve sent to court and now a debt agency is chasing.

phoned the debt agency and they say I was due in court on the 29th aug last year and the DVLA letter I recieved for 49.00 in Sept was to say I’d been spotted in July so can’t help thinking it’s for a different occurrence. 
tried calling DVLA but they’re not answering calls at the moment with Coronavirus.

is it possible to be sent to court for the same thing twice on 2 separate occasions? Anyone with any advise would be great.

I would seek proper professional advice 

Money Saving Expert and/or PePiPoo fightback forums should be able to help you.