Business Help - Covid19

I applied and got ackknowledgement on the 30th March.

I applied 3 days later (with acknowledgement), not had anything yet.

I did manage to get through on the 01142245000 number earlier this morning, I think it is just pot-luck if you get through or not, usually it just says it is busy.

Just now, RHKfan said:

I applied and got ackknowledgement on the 30th March.

PM me your details, so business name, address inc postcode, contact number etc and i'll chase and come back to you

Will do. Thanks very much.

I applied for the grant on 31st March not heard anything apart from confirmation number.

What is the criteria? Alphabetical? Date of Application?? Pot luck??

Very stressful time and the lack of updates posted on council website is very frustrating (last update was 8th April on Sheffield News Rooms), given that a lot of small business have very little if zero cash flow and are facing going bust!

A lot of the questions posted on this forum could have been answered publicly on the website without having the stress of trying to phone in etc and saving us all some sleepless nights!

2 hours ago, ALIPET said:

I applied for the grant on 31st March not heard anything apart from confirmation number.

What is the criteria? Alphabetical? Date of Application?? Pot luck??

Very stressful time and the lack of updates posted on council website is very frustrating (last update was 8th April on Sheffield News Rooms), given that a lot of small business have very little if zero cash flow and are facing going bust!

A lot of the questions posted on this forum could have been answered publicly on the website without having the stress of trying to phone in etc and saving us all some sleepless nights!

Hi. Straightforward applications where it's clear that the applicant is the ratepayer and the bank account details provided clearly are for the applicant/ratepayer, are being processed in 10-12 working days. Applications where more information is required re the above, or there is missing info/ questions over dates/timing of leases /trading status/legal entity etc there will be a delay as rates dept  chase additional info. This is to comply with the very clear guidelines laid down by central government.

If you want to call 0114 224 5000 between 9 and 5pm tomorrow we will take all your details, and raise your application as an outstanding anomaly.

Kind regards

Thanks for your reply, I have tried calling the above number dozens of times and all I get is your call cannot be completed!

also no reply to my several emails.

I filled in the application, if there was any anomalies surely someone would have contacted me by now for clarification after 24 days?!!

Or has my application not even been read??

Just want somebody somewhere to contact me, that's all!

32 minutes ago, ALIPET said:

Thanks for your reply, I have tried calling the above number dozens of times and all I get is your call cannot be completed!

also no reply to my several emails.

I filled in the application, if there was any anomalies surely someone would have contacted me by now for clarification after 24 days?!!

Or has my application not even been read??

Just want somebody somewhere to contact me, that's all!

If you want to pm me your number I'll call you.

Regards

Jane

Hope everyone has got their money by now.  I applied 1 April but I had made a mistake on the form  and then realised as soon as I submitted it. Anyway, got the money last week. Thank you SCC and all the team at Business Sheffield.

Just a question, I read online today that the £10K is taxable. Does anyone know if that is correct?

15 hours ago, monkeygirl said:

Hope everyone has got their money by now.  I applied 1 April but I had made a mistake on the form  and then realised as soon as I submitted it. Anyway, got the money last week. Thank you SCC and all the team at Business Sheffield.

Just a question, I read online today that the £10K is taxable. Does anyone know if that is correct?

Glad your grant is sorted. My understanding is that the grants are treated as income and therefore could be subject to tax if the business makes a profit in the financial year in which they were awarded, but please check with your accountant.

Alternatively:

If anyone wants advice on grants/tax/furloughing/business continuity/loans etc our team of experienced business advisors can help, just call our 0114 224 5000 helpline and we'll book you a telephone appointment.

Edited by NewBiz

We received our grant today (30/04/20).

Thank you to NewBiz for all of their help and excellent communication.