Business Help - Covid19

Guest makapaka
15 minutes ago, NewBiz said:

Just need to correct the above. There are also grants of £10k and £25k for  businesses in the retail, hospitality and retail sectors that have business premises with a rateable value of less than £51,000

Hi i applied for the small business grant on the 29th March but haven’t heard back yet.

Is that in keeping with general timeline for applications or should I call to see how application is going? Thanks 

Makapa

If your application had all the relevant info, most particularly the business rates acc no, then I would have expected it to have bee processed and paid by now, so before you do anything, please check your account tomorrow.  If it's not there and you are sure you supplied all the key information, then you can call our helpline, and we may be able to shed some light on where it's at. If there was important info missing, which you now can supply, then please ring our helpline and we will add it to your application.

PLEASE NOTE,  applicants whose forms had key info missing will be contacted as soon as possible by the business rates team. They have redeployed extra staff and are working as fast as they can (including this bank holiday weekend) to get to everybody, but ringing the helpline in this situation will not speed things up, and given the sheer volume of calls we're getting, could actually slow things down.

Many thanks

Edited by NewBiz

Guest makapaka
3 hours ago, NewBiz said:

Makapa

If your application had all the relevant info, most particularly the business rates acc no, then I would have expected it to have bee processed and paid by now, so before you do anything, please check your account tomorrow.  If it's not there and you are sure you supplied all the key information, then you can call our helpline, and we may be able to shed some light on where it's at. If there was important info missing, which you now can supply, then please ring our helpline and we will add it to your application.

PLEASE NOTE,  applicants whose forms had key info missing will be contacted as soon as possible by the business rates team. They have redeployed extra staff and are working as fast as they can (including this bank holiday weekend) to get to everybody, but ringing the helpline in this situation will not speed things up, and given the sheer volume of calls we're getting, could actually slow things down.

Many thanks

Ok thank you for replying I’ll check tomorrow.

Hello New Biz,

I applied on the 2nd April, how long are these claims taking please, should I have received anything yet?

Thank you.

As a small business with premises receiving SBRR I submitted my application my Covid 19 Grant application and received email acknowledgment of receipt on 31/03/20 with a reference number to refer to when ringing to enquire. I have not received anything to date, no grant, no explanation as to why this has not been processed and the number given just cuts you off! What is going on, I have suppliers and relatives in a similar situation, one In Barnsley, one in Cambridge and their applications were dealt with within days. Why the delay SCC?

Just now, royalowl said:

Hello New Biz,

I applied on the 2nd April, how long are these claims taking please, should I have received anything yet?

Thank you.

For applications that are complete, everything marries up etc it's taking circa 10 days from application to payment. HOWEVER it then takes typically 3-5 days from SCC paying it to it hitting your account, and we've just had 2 days of bank holiday which could slow things down further (not from our end, our rates dept has worked all over the bank holiday weekend)

Hope this helps

Really appreciate your help NewBiz - and your hard work over the course of this (and over the BH Weekend).

I will just keep checking my account - do we receive any notification once successful - or does the money just appear?

Thank you

Just now, royalowl said:

Really appreciate your help NewBiz - and your hard work over the course of this (and over the BH Weekend).

I will just keep checking my account - do we receive any notification once successful - or does the money just appear?

Thank you

Thanks royalowl, appreciate it

It will just appear. At some point in the future you will receive written confirmation, but that won't be immediate.

Hi NewBiz 

BIG THANKS for keeping us updated.

I applied on 31 March but did not get an email response, so I am a little worried that my application did not register.

No payment yet.

I cannot get through by phone, Should I reapply or email ?

Thanks

Just now, pauljohn1959 said:

Hi NewBiz 

BIG THANKS for keeping us updated.

I applied on 31 March but did not get an email response, so I am a little worried that my application did not register.

No payment yet.

I cannot get through by phone, Should I reapply or email ?

Thanks

Please don't reapply, that will put a real spanner in the works. The phone has been pretty manic this morning, please either try again, or you can pm me your number and the postcode of the business and I'll check our latest spreadsheet.

Thanks