Business Help - Covid19

PLEASE DON'T RING if you're chasing payment as we are processing the applications as fast as we can, so calling won't speed things up.

We have now processed and paid over 1,000 applications totalling circa £11,000,000.  Please note, it takes between 3-5 days for payment to hit your bank once we've sent it, so please keep checking your bank account.

We are currently working on last Tuesday's applications, however a fair proportion of all the applications require follow-up as they have information missing etc. Where this is the case the rates dept will be in touch as soon as they can.

If you want to speak to someone to check your eligibility, or for any queries about your application BEFORE YOU SUBMIT IT please ring  0114 224 5000, and we will help you all we can. 

We also have a team of experienced business advisors who can help you work around cashflow issues etc

Edited by NewBiz

We applied on Sunday 29 March, I phoned yesterday and someone said they would give me a call back. Received the call back inside ten minutes and was told all processed and should receive the money in 3-5 days. checked account today and money had gone through. Faultless service from SCC, many thanks!

1 hour ago, spuddly said:

We applied on Sunday 29 March, I phoned yesterday and someone said they would give me a call back. Received the call back inside ten minutes and was told all processed and should receive the money in 3-5 days. checked account today and money had gone through. Faultless service from SCC, many thanks!

Oh that's great Spuddly thanks for the feedback, glad you're pleased with the service, we really are trying our very best.

Quick update, as of close of play yesterday processed and paid over 1200 applications, equating to over £14,000000

Edited by NewBiz

27 minutes ago, NewBiz said:

Oh that's great Spuddly thanks for the feedback, glad you're pleased with the service, we really are trying our very best.

Quick update, as of close of play yesterday processed and paid over 1200 applications, equating to over £14,000000

You and your team are doing a great job with this!

6 minutes ago, Groose said:

You and your team are doing a great job with this!

Oh thank you Groose, that means a lot.

It's not easy for anyone at the moment I know. Working from home, being redeployed, struggling at times with IT that was never designed for so many people working remotely etc,  but we're really trying hard, pulling together and I think we're getting there.

I applied last Thursday, via the online form. I received an automated reply straight after, but nothing since.

I have nothing in my business account now, and I am borrowing money to pay into the account to stop it being overdrawn.

I currently have no income.

I put an application in on Monday 30th and the money arrived in the bank today. To echo the comments of a few other posters, I think the SCC Business Team seem to be doing a great job with this.

Yes, son's business ("gastro cafe") applied end March, money arrived Tuesday. Well done SCC, it will make a lot of difference, he's paid the staff a 'sub' until the "80%" scheme kicks in, and some  trade accounts, as they must be struggling as well. 

What a contrast to his bank, he applied on line for a small loan right at the start, and after three weeks has  not had a reply, despite phoning and mailing. I think they will be looking after number one...............

Thanks to everyone for your positive feedback, it's very much appreciated. 

A quick update: SCC have now processed and paid nearly 1500 applications, totalling over £18,500,000. The team doing the processing, including those contacting applicants whose forms had missing/erroneous information etc, is being expanded further. The rates dept are also working, processing applications all over the bank holiday weekend, although the helpline will be closed from 5pm today until 9am Tuesday.

You can only apply for a grant if you have business premisses  that are rateable and are covered by the Small Business Rates Support Grant. 

Home offices and back garden sheds don't count. 

So if you're a free lancer that works from a back bedroom or on site. Theres not much support. 

The 80% of your self employed tax return grant is ok if you're an established business thats regularly reported a profit to HMRC. New business that are just breaking even will get nothing. 

You can only claim full Universal Credit if its going to be your households sole income. Any savings over 6k will reduce the weekly entitlement. 

So the sole trader/freelancer/new business is F.C.U.K.D

Edited by rollwithit

1 hour ago, rollwithit said:

You can only apply for a grant if you have business premisses  that are rateable and are covered by the Small Business Rates Support Grant. 

Just need to correct the above. There are also grants of £10k and £25k for  businesses in the retail, hospitality and retail sectors that have business premises with a rateable value of less than £51,000