Business Help - Covid19

Posting on behalf of Business Sheffield (part of SCC)

If you'd like information on the £10k and £25k grants available for many businesses in Sheffield, being paid because of the Coronavirus crisis please call 0114 224 5000 and we'll do everything we can to help.

Edited by NewBiz

I am waiting for another council (where I have a business) to issue some instructions on what to do.

If anyone contacts the above number could they kindly post on here the instructions / information Sheffield City Council are offering  with regard the release of grants.

Many thanks. 

Just now, abbeyedges said:

I am waiting for another council (where I have a business) to issue some instructions on what to do.

If anyone contacts the above number could they kindly post on here the instructions / information Sheffield City Council are offering  with regard the release of grants.

Many thanks. 

I'm not sure how helpful that will be as from what I have seen different councils are using different methods.

For Sheffield businesses go to www.sheffield.gov.uk/coronavirus-business or ring 0114 224 5000 if you have any questions about entitlement/missing info asked for on the form etc.

We also have a team of business advisers on the above number who can give advice/guidance on what else is available/business continuity etc

The government is providing grants for many small businesses to help them survive the corona virus crisis, and in Sheffield they are being administered by Sheffield City Council. These are for £10,000 and £25,000 and are grants i.e you don't have to pay them back.

To date we've had around 4,000 applications, but there are some 5-6,000 more businesses who we think are eligible, so please read this link if you want to find out if you're entitled to one of these grants, or want to apply www.sheffield.gov.uk/coronavirus-business or tel 0114 224 5000 and we'll help you all we can.

Edited by NewBiz

Hi All

Just wondered if anyone has received the £10k grant money from Sheffield council as yet?

Derbyshire council and Darlington council have both paid out (I have clients there so am aware) but I'm still awaiting mine from Sheffield City Council. 

Have you phoned them for it?

I applied online via Sheffield Council web site. 

Tried calling - Literally cant get through

@NewBiz

Assuming an eligible business applied for a grant via the website on Monday 30th March, and assuming they provided all the information that was required, could you give some idea of when they could expect to receive the grant into their bank account, please?

Hi NewBiz

I echo Carl's post, I apprciate there is a lot of work to do, but as a small business  this grant is vital, but also the "when" is also really important so that we can manage cashflow

I phoned up today and was told my application was accepted and money would be in my account by end of this week.

1 hour ago, pattricia said:

Isn’t this money taxable though ?

I'm not aware of any specific tax guidance relating to these grants, but grants are normally taxable.

My (very minimal) understanding is that the precise tax rules will then depend on whether the grant is considered to be a Revenue grant or a Capital grant (I assume it will be the latter, but that's one for the accountants out there...).