Muscular Pain

With all this staying at home, I have been doing some DIY.

During and a little afterwards, my muscles, mostly in my left arm feel achey. I am had occasional arthritis before, but this seems to be muscular.

Well in all other ways. I used to be superfit by some peoples standards, but at 58 I do very little, apart from miles of walking the dog.

The pain seems to be on the inner elbow.

Edited by El Cid

Sometimes a hot pack works or a cold pack.  Ibuprofen is good for muscular pain but beware if you have stomach problems - otherwise Voltarol 12 hour gel which is quite expensive. 

2 hours ago, El Cid said:

With all this staying at home, I have been doing some DIY.

During and a little afterwards, my muscles, mostly in my left arm feel achey. I am had occasional arthritis before, but this seems to be muscular.

Well in all other ways. I used to be superfit by some peoples standards, but at 58 I do very little, apart from miles of walking the dog.

The pain seems to be on the inner elbow.

If you haven't done anything to work your muscles in a long while, and it's just started since the DIY- then likely muscle fibre tears.

Its normal, but still can be painful.

Try Epsom Salts and soak in a bathtub for a while, should help.

I am not sure if its muscular pain or not. It comes on with a few minutes of doing the DIY, which is not how I remember muscular pain. Muscular pain is often the next day, after the muscle has over performed.

Maybe its arthritis, but the discomfort does seem like a joint, more spread-out.

Sounds like tendinitis to me, joint pain.

My shoulder now feels a little painfull, I think it may be arthritis, lack of movement could make it worse, do nothing all day, except a little DIY

I've had both your symptoms- elbow joint pain, still on off but I keep it flexible.

My shoulder pain was bursitis, which my brother helped to diagnose and treat- to the extent I don't notice as much.

Best advice is keep joints flexible, keep moving and stretch regularly 

its called "old age", its inevitable but its better than the alternative