Woodside Bricks

I am trying to find out the significance of the numbers on the WoodSide Ironi bricks which go from 1 to 7  - any ideas as to what the numbers mean?

No idea - all I know is that back in 1957/58 I worked at Hubert Smith and Co Accountants on Campo Lane and we used to Audit their books of account every year for their financial year end and taxation purposes

Not sure but think the manager as Irish - big guy

Wonder if the number referred to  bricks produced via a specific brick forming machine or a specific furnace - this would help them to identify any production problems/quality etc and pin point the problem machine or area

Just a guess though

Regards - Victor - Subang Jaya, State of Selangor,  Malaysia

Prob the kiln they came out of. Or if you ordered any more you would qoute the number to get a match . We  used to use a lot of L B C  and they were slightly dfferent load to load so had to mix them .The number would  be a batch numder to re-order from   EX  Bricklayer .Prob ceased production 

about 1960