Jump to content


Covid 19 Bus Service Timetables

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Retro Queen said:

Thank you, that is the hourly timetable so doesn't look it has changed yet.

depends on what bus you use some are 2 hourly but for the latest updates download their app 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, ricgem2002 said:

depends on what bus you use some are 2 hourly but for the latest updates download their app 

I use the 98 coming home and any bus from Penistone Rd in a morning, the 78, 8 or 86.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Retro Queen I assume you have got to work by now, but FYI, the bus services (Firsts at least) are as they were with effect from  28/03/20 -i.e once per hour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Retro Queen said:

Hi, can I just ask, my neighbour has told me the buses are going to be run every two hours from now on until this is all over.

 

I have to use buses as I am a key worker and need to get to work, do you know if this is true?

First buses are currently operating an emergency timetable, depending on the route it is every 30, 60 or 120 minutes. Some routes have been withdrawn.

 

TM Travel and Hulleys are running a very limited service based around usage for essential travel only.

 

Stagecoach currently operating a Sunday timetable with some early morning extra journeys for commuters, however this will switch to a reduced emergency timetable from this Wednesday (and route X6 will be withdrawn).

 

Powells are generally running to a Saturday timetable, most of their services are run under contract to SYPTE with a subsidy.

 

USE THE LINKS BELOW TO CHECK TIMETABLES

(Do not use apps or journey planners as they may not be up to date)

Travel South Yorkshire (all CURRENT timetables) https://travelsouthyorkshire.com/servicechanges/

TM Travel http://www.tmtravel.co.uk/

Stagecoach bus https://www.stagecoachbus.com/

First bus https://www.firstgroup.com/south-yorkshire/

Hulleys http://www.hulleys-of-baslow.co.uk/

Powells https://www.powellsbus.co.uk/

Supertram https://www.supertram.com/

Trains https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/

 

Edited by Andy C

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RollingJ said:

@Retro Queen I assume you have got to work by now, but FYI, the bus services (Firsts at least) are as they were with effect from  28/03/20 -i.e once per hour.

Thank you. I got the buses OK today but worried a bit when I checked my app coming home and it said there were no First buses running from my stop but the 98 turned up on time so it must have been a blip.

4 hours ago, Andy C said:

First buses are currently operating an emergency timetable, depending on the route it is every 30, 60 or 120 minutes. Some routes have been withdrawn.

 

TM Travel and Hulleys are running a very limited service based around usage for essential travel only.

 

Stagecoach currently operating a Sunday timetable with some early morning extra journeys for commuters, however this will switch to a reduced emergency timetable from this Wednesday (and route X6 will be withdrawn).

 

Powells are generally running to a Saturday timetable, most of their services are run under contract to SYPTE with a subsidy.

 

USE THE LINKS BELOW TO CHECK TIMETABLES

(Do not use apps or journey planners as they may not be up to date)

Travel South Yorkshire (all CURRENT timetables) https://travelsouthyorkshire.com/servicechanges/

TM Travel http://www.tmtravel.co.uk/

Stagecoach bus https://www.stagecoachbus.com/

First bus https://www.firstgroup.com/south-yorkshire/

Hulleys http://www.hulleys-of-baslow.co.uk/

Powells https://www.powellsbus.co.uk/

Supertram https://www.supertram.com/

Trains https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/

 

Thank you for this. I hope they don't reduce any more as I need to get to work as a key worker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Retro Queen said:

Thank you. I got the buses OK today but worried a bit when I checked my app coming home and it said there were no First buses running from my stop but the 98 turned up on time so it must have been a blip.

 

Most of the buses are running to this skeleton timetable, but occasionally the odd one seems to 'mis-track', for want of a better word.

Going back yo one of your earlier posts - don't trust what you hear on the street - check official sites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, RollingJ said:

Most of the buses are running to this skeleton timetable, but occasionally the odd one seems to 'mis-track', for want of a better word.

Going back yo one of your earlier posts - don't trust what you hear on the street - check official sites.

First have been advising not to use their app for timetables as it may not be up to date but instead to check the special Coronavirus timetables on their website. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Andy C said:

First have been advising not to use their app for timetables as it may not be up to date but instead to check the special Coronavirus timetables on their website. 

I am not talking about timetables, @Andy C - I'm talking about the live tracker, which has been, and still is , flaky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RollingJ said:

I am not talking about timetables, @Andy C - I'm talking about the live tracker, which has been, and still is , flaky.

The live tracker compares buses location to the timetable, so if the timetable isn't right then the live tracker won't be either, so do not use the app for times in whichever format. There is very little on the road at the moment so the only reasons likely for problems is staffing issues, breakdowns or vandalism.

 

The Stagecoach app seems to be better, I believe (but could be wrong) the First app uses Traveline data (hence showing all operators) whilst the Stagecoach one uses an in house developed integrated timetable and fares database, journey planner, website and app.

Edited by Andy C

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Andy C said:

The live tracker compares buses location to the timetable, so if the timetable isn't right then the live tracker won't be either, so do not use the app for times in whichever format.

Exactly, as I have been saying for some time. Use the operators websites, they are being kept up to date, the third party that does the online side for timetables etc is snowed under with work and constant revisions as well as having staff unable to work. They cover West Yorkshire, Manchester and South Yorkshire. The revisions are normally spaced to allow them time to do it bu the current situation has meant that every area is changing at the same time as well as them being short of staff. If you look at a tracker at the minute you are wasting your time.,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.