Covid 19 Bus Service Timetables

3 hours ago, Andy C said:

I would imagine now Stagecoach are aware they may change the times of the 25 (so much for the bus partnership coordinating timetables!) But in the meantime duplicate buses each hour mean more capacity for social distancing 

That is a very stupid excuse to not do things right.

Two buses at same time once an hour is no solution for social distancing. One will be full next one five minutes later empty.

My neighbour works for NHS and it takes her more than three times as long to get to and from work by bus now.

On 24/03/2020 at 13:35, lawro said:

most of the buses are running with very few passengers. If the companies report an operating loss over this period, can we expect the predictable rise in fares reduced services in the future or are they giving assurances that things will not change for a period after the crisis is over.

All public transport operation is not financially viable at the moment and would have completely ceased to operate if it wasn't for the government coming up with funding, enough to cover losses providing the current skeleton level of service.

It is worth noting First bus postponed their regular January price change to July but other than that then as long as government support is forthcoming whilst social distancing measures are in force ticket prices shouldn't go up beyond the normal annual review.

49 minutes ago, dutch said:

That is a very stupid excuse to not do things right.

Two buses at same time once an hour is no solution for social distancing. One will be full next one five minutes later empty.

My neighbour works for NHS and it takes her more than three times as long to get to and from work by bus now.

It isn't once an hour though. The First 24 is running half hourly, double the previous hourly frequency, with one of those two buses an hour duplicated by a Stagecoach 25 giving double the capacity at that time. Whichever 24 or 25 turns up first, if there isn't enough space, rather than cramming on then people will know there is another bus right behind to get on.

However First only announced their change on Thursday, the day before a bank holiday, imagine Stagecoach will come into the office tomorrow and start thinking about what changes they want to make, which of course involves writing a new timetable, arranging changes to drivers shifts, setting up an electronic timetable file for the app, providing all the running information for the control room, consulting the various authorities and all the other work involved in a timetable change!

Some changes to buses operated by Hulleys of Baslow from Wednesday 13th May, including a peak time commuter trip introduced on route 271 from Castleton to Sheffield in the morning at 07:30 and back in the evening at 17:20.

http://www.hulleys-of-baslow.co.uk/travel-updates

Also note the summer train timetables commence on Sunday 17th May 

Edited by Andy C

CASH PAYMENT - EXACT FARE ONLY ON STAGECOACH FROM 18TH MAY

From Monday 18th May, to minimise cash handling and the associated potential spread of Coronavirus, change will no longer be given on Stagecoach buses - if you must pay by cash, please tender the exact fare. If you overpay, the surplus will be donated to the Covid19 charity appeal which supports NHS staff and volunteers. Other operators are also encouraging this but will give change if absolutely  necessary.

Passengers are encouraged to either pay by contactless or buy tickets online.

Contactless is accepted for on board ticket sales by First, Stagecoach bus, Stagecoach Supertram and Powells bus.

WHERE YOU CAN BUY TICKETS IN ADVANCE OF BOARDING

DAY TICKETS

- The full range of daily tickets are available as m-tickets on both the First and Stagecoach app

- day tickets from the Travelmaster range can be bought online and loaded onto your smart card at https://sytravelmaster.com/ 

- train inclusive day tickets are available from staffed railway station ticket sales offices.

WEEKLY AND 28 DAY TICKETS

- First week and Stagecoach 7 day Megarider tickets are available as m-tickets on both the First and Stagecoach app.

- Longer term First tickets are also available on their app

- Stagecoach Megarider tickets are available to buy online at https://www.stagecoachbus.com/tickets

- Weekly or longer tickets from the Travelmaster range can be bought and loaded onto your smart card online at https://sytravelmaster.com/

- Weekly or longer tickets from the Travelmaster range can be bought and loaded onto your smart card at Payzone shops

- The full range of weekly and 28 day tickets are available from self service vending machines at bus interchanges

- train inclusive weekly tickets are available from staffed railway station ticket sales offices.

WHAT IS THE TRAVELMASTER RANGE?

These tickets offer unlimited travel and are valid on all operators' services, not just one company. 1 day, 7 day, 28 day and annual versions area available. The range includes

Citybus - all buses within Sheffield

Citywide - all buses and trams within Sheffield

South Yorkshire Connect / Child Getabout - all buses and trams in South Yorkshire

South Yorkshire Connect+ / Child Getabout+ - all buses, trams and local trains in South Yorkshire.

Weekly and longer tickets are loaded onto smart cards. If you don't already hold one they are available for £1 from bus drivers, tram conductors and vending machines.

More info: https://sytravelmaster.com/

Edited by Andy C

The live bus tracker at Travel South Yorkshire (and the screens at bus stops) hasn't worked since the start of the pandemic - I know they haven't updated the journey planner but surely they could get the live bus trackers working again? Especially now that the buses are a lot less frequent than they used to be, it would be useful to have an idea when they were coming.

try the 'Bus Checker' app on your mobile - my experience is that it works for the next couple of buses (on 'First' at least) or the 'First Bus' app - again only shows live times for one or two buses, but better than nothing.

2 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

try the 'Bus Checker' app on your mobile - my experience is that it works for the next couple of buses (on 'First' at least) or the 'First Bus' app - again only shows live times for one or two buses, but better than nothing.

My wife has this app on her mobile. It only appears to be working for First buses?  Stagecoach buses are no longer showing up on it for some reason? 

@Baron99Can't answer that, unless Stagecoach have turned the trackers off on their buses. can't understand why the bus stop indicators aren't working either - they are fed from the same servers as the two apps I mentioned.

The stop indicators have been down for weeks, when I've passed stops while out walking? Just the same message flashing across about coronavirus.

Also noticed in the last few days that the paper timetables have been removed from stops & replaced with posters referring to 2m social distancing. 

My wife complained to First about ther service last year, so they have her email address & she received an email update from First last week telling her all about the new rules & regulations that will becoming into force in the next week or so & how the buses are going to be disrupted, with long delays expected, now there's reduced capacity & people are starting to look at going back to work.  Avoid all but essential journeys, as First put it & expect to see buses displaying "Bus Full" signs & bypassing stops. 

Guess it's the same info as what is currently on their website & it'll similarly apply to the other bus companies around S. Yorks? 

Edited by Baron99

Correct - the info in that email will be the same or very similar to the website info, although there may be a little more on the site.

TBH, I'm not surprised about the stop indicators, they are notoriously unreliable, but why such as Bus Checker (and the 'First' app) seem able to pull the data, why the stops can't is a total mystery to me.