Covid 19 Bus Service Timetables

I’ve not seen any other posts on this yet - Stagecoach buses have announced they will be following a Saturday timetable from next Monday (with a Sunday service on Sundays). I’ve not seen anything from First yet.

I also read that the over 60s passes will be able to be used before 9.30 but I’m not sure what date that starts from.

Edited by nikki-red

7 minutes ago, northernboy said:

I’ve not seen any other posts on this yet - Stagecoach buses have announced they will be following a Saturday timetable from next Monday (with a Sunday service on Sundays). I’ve not seen anything from First yet.

I also read that the over 60s passes will be able to be used before 9.30 but I’m not sure what date that starts from.

Its from tomorrow (20th) on both First and Stagecoach.

Edited by nikki-red

31 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

Its from tomorrow (20th) on both First and Stagecoach.

The passes? Thank you both.

18 minutes ago, bus man said:

Encs passes valid all day

Edited by northernboy

2 hours ago, northernboy said:

Is this just for this coronovirus or permanently?

Guest busdriver1
8 hours ago, Retro Queen said:

Is this just for this coronovirus or permanently?

It is just for the duration of the Covid 19 panic

First are running differently, most will be Saturday timetables but it depends on the route.

Info: https://www.firstgroup.com/south-yorkshire/news-and-service-updates/coronavirus-covid19-service-information

Trams are running a Sunday service, with a few alterations such as running from 5am but running a limited service after 9pm on the Yellow route, and between City and Halfway on the Blue route.

Info: https://www.stagecoachbus.com/news/yorkshire/2020/march/revised-tram-timetables-from-monday-23-march-2020

Hulleys are running a Saturday service.

TM Travel are running a reduced service - timetables at http://www.tmtravel.co.uk/

Powells mostly normal.

Trains running a reduced service.

Summary of all service at https://travelsouthyorkshire.com/servicechanges/

Edited by Andy C

Guest busdriver1

The rule of thumb here seems to be to check the operators timetables on their websites. NOT the sypte ones. For whatever reason they do not seem to be keeping up.

We are running a Saturday service with some exceptions please check our Facebook page or website for more details

Thanks

most of the buses are running with very few passengers. If the companies report an operating loss over this period, can we expect the predictable rise in fares reduced services in the future or are they giving assurances that things will not change for a period after the crisis is over.

Guest busdriver1

Sunday service now being mooted as an imminent change