Frank White RIP

55 minutes ago, newcomer01 said:

In the early 70`s we came over rom Rotherham to see his free concert in Weston Park.About six years ago my partner and I saw him at the Shiny Sheff.After he had finished I went over for a chat and a drink.I explained where I had first seen him where he thanked me for going then and still seeing him again so many years later.I always remember seeing Bill Wyman( ex Rolling Stones) a couple of years ago  who stood at the front and paid tribute to Frank for his music and how he looked after his family rather than chasing fame .Of course the place errupted.Moving to Sheffield was made all that better for seeing him play once more .RIP  A real Sheffield legend

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the concert.I was the one who organised it.I was reluctant to have him on because,at the time,he was a notoriously bad timekeeper  but several fans from Ecclesfield promised me they'd get him on stage at 3pm and so they did.It was a great show.

4 minutes ago, Ridgewalk said:

RIP Frank

How old was he ? Anyone ?

79  or  80

Ex City Grammer School lad from Darnall, would be 78,  give or take a year either side.

I had a vhs video of frank on calendar at Weston park with my husband and young son stood right next to frank,my husband had a joe cocker T-shirt on.he told him he had got this years ago at the birleyhotel. But like anything else it’s got lost,if only we could keep things like this to look back on,,,,,,,,,,,if only.

I used to have lessons from Frank great talented artist when he lived on langden st Sheffield will miss the old boy RIP Frank and condolences to your loved ones.     Brian Knapton 😪

Best player of a double neck Gibson I've seen. And I think it was Pete Townshend who rated Frank as one of his all time favourites.

What a shame. 

I finally got to see him about 12 years ago in the New Barrack Tavern on Penistone Road, and wasn't disappointed.

He played there a few months later and was top drawer again.

Glad I finally got to see him and  exchange a few words with the great man.

Sheffield lost another fine son.

RIP Frank. x

Probably the most talented musician to come out of Sheffield ,seen him play a few times was allways top notch . RIP Frank

9 hours ago, lobster said:

Probably the most talented musician to come out of Sheffield ,seen him play a few times was allways top notch . RIP Frank

Surprised there was no mention of his passing on the local TV news.

As regards being the most talented? He was certainly "up there", but there are many, many others who could join the list...

Tommy Eyre, on keyboards, springs to mind.

as in earlier post ive searched and found the vhs video of frank at Weston park live im on it with my lad,it was a calender production.keepsake I thought had gone.