Frank White RIP

I've just heard of Frank's passing.He was a Sheffield music legend.My sincere condolences to his family.

Very sad news.

What a player.

I'll never forget "Georgia". Seemingly effortless, but beautiful.

Thanks, Frank.

Bon Voyage.

Hallo OLd Boy he used to say  Very sad Used to see him at

Pheasant and Delaneys music bar where I used to have a chat with him

Louisiana great song he used to do

As a budding guitarist I used to go out of my way to see him, Sheffield Show, Blackstock Rd, dahn t' club etc. Sad to hear of his passing. RIP

Many tributes to Frank on the Old Clubland Acts Facebook page. RIP "Old Boy"

Just heard Radio Sheffield.  

Sheffield guitar legend, Frank White has passed away.  Saw him & his band on many occasions.  What a musician. 

Very sad news. Frank was not just a legend in Sheffield. I first saw him 1969 or 1970, playing at The Ancholme Inn in Brigg (North Lincs, my home town). Brigg was a bit of a small, sleepy town, but Frank livened the place up, and the pub was always packed and rocking whenever he came over - which he did often. Also saw him at The Greyhound on Fulham Palace Road, and Kingston Poly (supporting Al Stewart) when he was trying to reach out to a wider audience in the early 70s. Then many great nights at The Pheasant after I moved to Sheffield.  He was always willing to spend time chatting to us, and even brought the band back to my parents' house after one Brigg gig. Top talent; top man.

sad news frank should have made it chart wise like joe and dave berry,but he was the next big star from Sheffield in my eyes I ive got a frank white single mint condition .not fade away/ move on.i was asking last year on face book if I could get it signed my nephew said he could get it done for me but as usual we never managed it, rip old boy sad that I suppose friends and fans cant attend now. because he would have gone out to a packed house as usual...………………...

In the early 70`s we came over rom Rotherham to see his free concert in Weston Park.About six years ago my partner and I saw him at the Shiny Sheff.After he had finished I went over for a chat and a drink.I explained where I had first seen him where he thanked me for going then and still seeing him again so many years later.I always remember seeing Bill Wyman( ex Rolling Stones) a couple of years ago  who stood at the front and paid tribute to Frank for his music and how he looked after his family rather than chasing fame .Of course the place errupted.Moving to Sheffield was made all that better for seeing him play once more .RIP  A real Sheffield legend

very sad news and everyone has a story,including me,i only ever saw him twice and the first was at the heeley festival,i thought that's fantastic,i spoke to his bookings manager and booked him ,but he was to ill to do my festival,but the following year he rang me saying he was better and he would love to do our festival,it was a sunny august day and his man was set up on stage and he came strolling across the park at a brisk pace complete with walking stick,we shook hands exchanged money ect and he got on stage and played some of the finest guitar music I have ever seen to a big crowd,fantastic musician ,a true gentleman,thanks frank ,because its always said the day he played at our festival ,was the day it became a festival,thank you and our thoughts are with all your family

Some really nice tributes on this thread, being within a walking distance of the Pheasant mean't I could spend many a Friday night listening to him, R.I.P.  Frank.

RIP Frank

How old was he ? Anyone ?