Sheffield Council Remote Working

20 hours ago, Angela1991 said:

Apparently the public library in Sheffield also has problem with their IT setup to support their staff to work from home.

Do you think this is because the IT setups in the public sector assume that everyone will be working onsite therefore less work was put in for remote working (of course the budget is tight too)?

Partly that but I think also that any time a public sector organisation tries to modernise the IT setup they get subjected to FOIs and accusations of wasting taxpayers money and declarations of how useless they are from all and sundry with an axe to grind or a political/financial motive for wanting to see less money going to those services, especially over the last decade. The concept of investment in infrastructure rarely gets a look in, it takes major events like this or big companies like Microsoft refusing to provide any more support for older tech and therefore forcing a change to happen or risk breaching laws.

I have a question I hope someone could answer. Why are the council’s rehousing team still not up and running?

One of The governments announcement last week stated that the housing market could/is up and running but council house rehousing still isn’t . 

Since the 12th of May people are able to move houses so why for the THIRD week running hasn’t the council run property shop been up and working ?

Vulnerable People on the Priority bands and other people registered on the rehousing list are still left in limbo. 

Edited by jon&emma

Maybe ask the council?