Sheffield United Look North

I can't get my breath. Look North reporting that sheffield United players have been supplied with exercise bikes and weights so they keep fit inside their mansions. Even on furlough pay they could buy their own. This crisis is really making me think who's worth their money and I'm afraid footballers and celebs are low on the list behind NHS workers, carers and all the other services trying to keep us going. Wake up world!

59 minutes ago, hardworker said:

I can't get my breath. Look North reporting that sheffield United players have been supplied with exercise bikes and weights so they keep fit inside their mansions. Even on furlough pay they could buy their own. This crisis is really making me think who's worth their money and I'm afraid footballers and celebs are low on the list behind NHS workers, carers and all the other services trying to keep us going. Wake up world!

Perhaps the players didn't have them at home, and since most shops are closed, perhaps they had inside contact to get machines in from shops?

If I spent all day running around a field, the last thing I would want in my house is a running machine.

If I won the lottery I wouldn't buy one, now I think about it. If I won lottery I would drive to nice places and run.

Edited by *_ash_*

3 hours ago, hardworker said:

Presumably it's SUFC who have purchased the equipment, it's not been bought by the UK taxpayers so I don't see what the problem is or why you're dragging the NHS into this? 

Now if we weren't in the middle of the COVID-19 crisis, with the NHS staff being coveted as they currently are & it was a normal Wednesday night & there was a story doing the rounds that NHS staff had been bought exercise equipment or were given free Pelaton subscriptions at the taxpayers expense, then they & the Govt would receive nothing but criticism for wasting taxpayers money. 

As I said, SUFC are now rolling in cash so unless you can provide proof otherwise, none of us are directly paying for the equipment, although some of it might be my season ticket money but I don't begrudge them that?

As you say, "They have been supplied" the equipment. Ever thought one of their sponsors might be supplying the equipment? 

Edited by Baron99

3 hours ago, hardworker said:

Mansions ? How many of the Blades' players live in such dwellings or even Chris Wilder ?

Maybe its equipment from the club gym or existing training facilities 

And your issue with this is what exactly? An employer issues some equipment to their employees to assist them with a form of homeworking.

My view is that its just a pathetic peace of news by Look North , mind you it just keeps in line with what the BBC are in my opinion ie pathetic 

Cheap shot by BBC , let them stick to leeds "  with a small l "

On 25/03/2020 at 19:01, hardworker said:

That's how capitalism works I'm afraid, market forces. I worked in the NHS for 40 years. Unfortunately  30,000 people didn't  pay £35 a throw to come and watch me doing my job otherwise I might have bought a mansion