Internet Disconnection

I was in a q  with Asda to do some shopping. Went back to the i mac after 30 minutes only to find I was no longer connected to the internet. How can I ensure the connection doesn't fail

First you need to find WHERE it failed...

Are you connected via WiFi? - if yes, did the WiFi stay connected to the router, or did the WiFi on the computer fully disconnect?

if WiFi stayed connected, the next question is the router - what are/were it's lights doing? did the router it's self loose connection?

if the router did NOT loose connection (all lights are/were correct) - do other devices still work when the computer looses connection?

If you can answer these, it will better help pinpoint where there could be a potential problem...

If you also use iPhone then you might want to check out 'AirPort Utility', and 'Apple Support App' for all devices. If using android, you might want to install, Who's on my wifi - also if your smartphone loses connection then this suggests a router issue.

Also on android is Wifi Analyser from Kewlsoft - if you test this where your iMac is located it would give an indication as to how well the signal is from your router to the iMac.

Edited by swarfendor437