Do You Have A Cd Collection?

Just recently I have been gradually re-buying CD's that I used to own that I either mislaid or even threw away years ago...mainly 1990's stuff. 

I know that vinyl is the trendy music collecting hobby but for me there is nothing wrong with CD's. Its good to own the CD single of Some Might Say by Oasis, which I recently purchased, than a digital download.

5 hours ago, Ruddy76 said:

Just recently I have been gradually re-buying CD's that I used to own that I either mislaid or even threw away years ago...mainly 1990's stuff. 

I know that vinyl is the trendy music collecting hobby but for me there is nothing wrong with CD's. Its good to own the CD single of Some Might Say by Oasis, which I recently purchased, than a digital download.

I've got about a thousand in the loft, I still use them in the car.

One of my sons must have hundreds,  they are everywhere,  he only seems to play the newest ones,  he buys compilations as a whole album by one artist can be boring

17 hours ago, Ruddy76 said:

I'm a hoarder (and proud of it)

I've still got all my (and our Lass's) old Vinyl's LP & 45's & was still buying more till the prices for them started going up.

I still play cassette's in one of my classic cars & as the mini Hifi in't garage has decided it doesn't want to play CD's anymore I play either the radio or Cassette's in there. Cassette tapes are someting you can buy for next to nothing, or you could when it was safe to go out to carboots.

I'm usually disappointed with re buying music from the past on CD'S as most of the re mastered things seem to have lost that raw quality of the originals.

Rocker - self Isolating in't Garage

(nowt new there then)

used to love my cd collection ,play all types in the car,come to change the car and find I had to get a music stick thing,take all my cds to my mate and now they are all on one,but the cds would be redundant except I have a indoor player,same with music in the garden I have a speaker and its blue tooth now.its called change,but I am not sure its always progress.

Sorry, I forgot about this thread I started, I do appreciate the replies. 

Its great to go up in the loft and find your long forgotten cd's and books etc, something that this generation may not get to experience when they're older.

my kids stream/download music, even his computer games now are mostly downloaded which I'm not a fan of because it doesn't feel like we own anything. I showed him a Megadrive game which is in cartridge form and he looked at it like it belonged in a museum, which to be fair, it does.

Edited by Ruddy76

I MP3'ed mine years ago for a really primitive network streaming device under the TV.  It was the size of a VHS recorder!

I’m spending an hour a day with my collection at the moment, to while away the isolation.

I generally use Spotify these days, but picking a CD or a vinyl album from my collection is a very nice thing to do.