Ideas Of Next 007 After Daniel Craig

4 minutes ago, cressida said:

Thanks for the info.  Mr Fisk,  I now know where to find him 

😄 Nice one

Edited by Guest

54 minutes ago, St Petre said:

Has Hugh Grant been considered ? Like Roger Moore, he can't act either.

I think this pair would be better in Brideshead revisited, :gag:

4 hours ago, Mr Fisk said:

He's British (born in Jersey).

Then he's bloody French as far as I'm concerned :rant:

On 27/03/2020 at 22:14, Baron99 said:

Do you want either because they'd be easier for you to defeat? 

Have you seen Luther?

Elba is my intellectual equal (well, I'm more intelligent, but you get the idea).

On 26/03/2020 at 13:45, MillerMike said:

Yes the Bond franchise needs a female Bond, it’s old, boring and past its sell by date so like Doctor Who it needs a female lead role to finish it off 

Sometimes I feel statements like this are put out there by trolls just to wind people up...I'll be honest it does wind me up when people with agendas seek to change the characteristics of established popular characters. If you want a gay/female/black MI6 spy or superhero than create one from scratch, don't hijack a popular character and alienate its fan base.

41 minutes ago, Ruddy76 said:

Sometimes I feel statements like this are put out there by trolls just to wind people up...I'll be honest it does wind me up when people with agendas seek to change the characteristics of established popular characters. If you want a gay/female/black MI6 spy or superhero than create one from scratch, don't hijack a popular character and alienate its fan base.

But we can have an Australian and an Irish one. Not black, but definately Irish.

58 minutes ago, Ruddy76 said:

The fan base were in uproar at the idea of a blond Bond before the first Craig film came out and after they saw it and decided he made quite a good Bond his hair colour didn't matter any more.

You probably won't like the opinion of the people who will make the decision about who plays the character in the future.

"James Bond can be of any colour, but he is male" - Barbara Broccoli.

The thing with Bond now, is with Craig, they've reinvented the franchise & brought the Bond character's back story to the forefront with the likes of Skyfall & Spectre & brought his dead parents, Andrew Bond, (Scottish national ) and Monique Delacroix Bond (Swiss national & minor nobility), to the audience's attention. 

Therefore, unless you're going to reinvent the reinvention, Bond can be only be white. 

Curiously, if you actually look up information on the Bond character on the Internet, there appears to be a discrepancy with the story surrounding the film Spectre, where Bond is sent to live with a friend of his father in Switzerland, after Bond's parents are killed in a skiing acident.  Some sources state that as a child, Bond was sent to live with an aunt in Kent? 

Edited by Baron99

5 hours ago, Ruddy76 said:

I think it'd be great to have a black lesbian Bond, just to wind the gammons up.

53 minutes ago, Halibut said:

I think it'd be great to have a black lesbian Bond, just to wind the gammons up.

I think the producers have been trolling them with the new film anyway. Just look at the fuss last year over the rumours that the film would start with the 007 number being assigned to Lashana Lynch's character.

3 hours ago, Halibut said:

And when the movie bombs don't forget to blame "racist" academy or audience or the whole world. 😁

Aiden Tomlinson (Poldark)  Gabriel Mach (Suits) if he was from the Uk,  those two spring to mind, both smart and Handsome fellas, with the right  Bond role training would be perfect.  Daniel Craig is a good actor  especially in the film,  Defiance, but never convinced me  personally as Bond,  Peter Kay was in my thoughts as a contender for a split second, (only a split second) :hihi:

Sorry Mods, must be losing the plot, I forgot about already starting this thread ealier. :blush: