Coronovirus And Fishing

So.....are we allowed? We're always a few metres apart I'm even in tight corner pegs. You give your money to the bailiff and not to talk anyone for the rest of the day (and that's a result in my book).

Anybody still fishing?

So long as fishery is open cant see a problem  

The government has asked for people to stay at home.

8 minutes ago, alan p said:

The government has asked for people to stay at home.

This could be classified as one exercise  a day.
Very good exercise if you catch a big fish..

I fished both Sat and Sun. The pegs are at least 10 yards apart so I can't see a problem. There were only six of us on Sat but Sun was a little busier. This is a 35 peg fishery.

Another fishery where i'm a member has three lakes so plenty of room for anglers who wish for some space.

I did hear that at Lindholme the fishery owners did the match draw, putting anglers names in one box and peg numbers in another which is a good idea.

Aston springs have closed as of Monday so that's that really.

My local fishery closed earlier this week. It was due to close on the 31st for a month in any case for maintenance and permit renewal.

I don't want to risk travelling further afield in case I get pulled up for unnecessary travel.

Edited by charliewag
Add comment

I know this is against the rules. But if I got in my car in the garage  and drove 18mls to the fishing lakes which has locked gated access. Its a private fishery and the membership is pretty low so I will be half a mile away from anyone else.  I will drive back home and put the car back in the garage. How could I be more isolated?

Edited by nikki-red

Not supposed to go out for non essential journeys so if plod pulls you up and you say you're going fishing you will get fined , is it worth it ? 

The other fishery of which i'm a member is also closed. Looks like i'll have to get a few worms and sneak onto the river which is only 1/2 a mile from my house.

I didn't say I was going to do it. Just showing how unfair the rules are. Been out 3 times today shopping for disabled tenants been in contact with more people that I ever would fishing

I can walk to a couple of fisheries and a river, and I might yet when I feel a bit better. The fishery owner will be concerned about liability- and rightly so.  But, I would be socially distant and it's going to aid my mental health. But after the inevitable bun fight this weekend the police will clamping down left and right I suspect.