Radiology Department At Royal Hallamshire Hospital?

I have an appointment tomorrow evening that I won't be able to attend because of health reasons. I am trying to call their usual number 226-8000 but BT says the number is "temporarily our of order" -- easy to understand they may be overloaded given the situation with covid-19.

But I do want to let them know. Does anyone know someone there, or have an email or fax number?

I hope they'd understand under the circumstances, but it feels rude to just not attend.

If you call the main switchboard, they will put you through to the correct people 0114 243 4343

They don't use fax anymore as the Government has made them remove fax machines on a programme to remove paper.

there was fault on some  of the phone numbers earlier today.  if you didnt  get through, please try  again in the morning

Thank you for the advice! I also sent a letter, but I'll try again now.

.... Just called and got through. They were brilliant, grateful that I called. What an amazing thing the NHS is.

Same as Dozer with 2 MRI scans due on Sunday, the main switchboard number is not being answered either.

Wanted to cancel properly but will now just not turn up.

1 hour ago, apelike said:

Same as Dozer with 2 MRI scans due on Sunday, the main switchboard number is not being answered either.

Wanted to cancel properly but will now just not turn up.

There is a call centre number maybe try that https://www.sth.nhs.uk/services/a-z-of-services?id=312&page=575

or email RadiologyAppointments@sth.nhs.uk

Edited by steve68

I was given the call centre number 0114 2268000 for radiology appointments.

i need one but there wasn’t one available so I would let them know if you can so someone else can take yours.

Thanks to both of the above.

Tried the call centre number again and this time it was on answer phone and asked me to call back when the line is open between the hours of 8am to 8pm and this was at 7pm! The main switchboard just keeps ringing so will try again tomorrow.

TBH I had though that they may have cancelled non urgent services because of covid-19 and used the staff for that instead.

Edited by apelike

I think it is a policy of the N.H.S. that if you do not turn up for a scan you will be referred back to your doctor if you do not cancel it yourself. I cancelled mine which would have been tomorrow and the consultant phoned me and talked to me and we came to some other arrangement. Great.

Edited by Kidorry

Just a quick update.

I got through first time today and asked if it was still ok to go on Sunday and if the Hallamshire was sticking to the appointments regime. They are for now but are monitoring the situation as they have just received new guidelines and are restricting movement throughout the hospital especially in the lifts. If there are any changes between now and Sunday they will text me. 

On 01/04/2020 at 13:27, apelike said:

Just a quick update.

I got through first time today and asked if it was still ok to go on Sunday and if the Hallamshire was sticking to the appointments regime. They are for now but are monitoring the situation as they have just received new guidelines and are restricting movement throughout the hospital especially in the lifts. If there are any changes between now and Sunday they will text me. 

Glad you got everything sorted