Jump to content

Car Crash Info 21/3/20 Shalesmoor

Recommended Posts

roughly 1700 today 21/3/20 - at Shalesmoor roundabout.

 

I captured it on my dash cam, so I've saved it. Let me know if it's you, and I'll put it on youtube so you can take a copy of it.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had an accident there once going round there to go straight up Hoyle street, even though the TP was in the wrong lane to go back round onto penistone road I got blamed to, 50/50 settlement even though he went into me, if only I'd had a dash cam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jillybabes said:

I had an accident there once going round there to go straight up Hoyle street, even though the TP was in the wrong lane to go back round onto penistone road I got blamed to, 50/50 settlement even though he went into me, if only I'd had a dash cam.

On my youtube bad driving films, I have captured about 3  or 4 at this junction, usually the same. One of them involving me and nearly wiped me out, as it was a car-transporter!

 

And in fact the same with this one.  Car in left hand lane turning back towards Penistone Road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found the one I had,, is this same thing? @Jillybabes

 

see 3mins 18seconds in this one

 

and then...

 

just looking through some other ones, I found this one which I did just to show what driving at night is like for taxis (because chatting to someone once about driving test hazard perception test...

 

but caught my eye, because it's a mirror opposite of Sheffield today!

 

Next generation might one day find this and say ' blimey, did people used to be allowed to congregate like that!! '

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, *_ash_* said:

On my youtube bad driving films, I have captured about 3  or 4 at this junction, usually the same. One of them involving me and nearly wiped me out, as it was a car-transporter!

 

And in fact the same with this one.  Car in left hand lane turning back towards Penistone Road.

Ash 

What dash cam are you using on the videos, they are very clear and i am in need of another. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, kidley said:

Ash 

What dash cam are you using on the videos, they are very clear and i am in need of another. 

It's an old Transcend one. Just look up. as newer models now, this is years old. Very good though, and if I buy again, will be same make. I don't have to do anything, it just turns on and turns off with ignition.

 

The only crap thing (though probably now fixed) is that it has a shock sensor when you crash - however, on mine you can't turn this off, and I have at lowest level and still goes off a few times a day - all same places too!! bad roads. And mine only stores 15 saves, so I have to constantly remove things. Probably not a problem if not taxi driver, but nonetheless a feature that I would prefer to either turn off, or alter slightly.

 

It's probably there, because if one had a crash in the middle of nowhere, then if it doesn't set it off, the footage of the crash would be lost as depending on memory card, most recylce after a few hours. (mine records 1 hour for context, but original card, the big one I bought (about 6 hours) stopped working and never got around to buying new)

 

I have this one because sound has to be off, but sometimes in early videos like these I used to turn on and off, but too much hassle and these things don't like being constantly tampered with.

 

So always off, until last week, when no work. On now, and caught a crash on it hence this thread.

 

Hope that helps. I wouldn't normally type so much on a dashcam but I'm in self-isolation from anything about c19! and nothing online is catching my interest.

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by *_ash_*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Much obliged Ash, i am in search of one looking at the chine web pages right now but i have not found one yet, there is some on amazon i may have to buy one off there sight, thanks for the detailed reply Ash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kidley said:

Much obliged Ash, i am in search of one looking at the chine web pages right now but i have not found one yet, there is some on amazon i may have to buy one off there sight, thanks for the detailed reply Ash.

no problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic that 'ASH ' has taken the time to upload these video's...

 

Well done fella.

 

If not useful to the OP these are appreciated none the less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FinBak said:

Fantastic that 'ASH ' has taken the time to upload these video's...

 

Well done fella.

 

If not useful to the OP these are appreciated none the less.

I thought people might be bored of usual nonsense online so cheer up a bit!

 

My old driving films are interesting to see Kelham Island in 2005. very difference.

 

I've got a crash of mine too in one of them! (to keep on topic)

 

-

 

I was waiting to get to 50 incidents, but at 40, and not driving. I've been following advice from the start. So I'll try and put it together this week :) whilst sunny, am in garden all day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.