Best International Yorkshire Team

while we have no football,how about we try to agree on the best british team,including all players from 1900 to now,BUT only from swfc,sufc,rotherham,barnsley,so lets try best 11 inc irish,welsh and Scottish players

I would include

Dooley swfcs highest scorer

springett top keeper for england

lane

kay

swan

waddle

and theres lots more your ideas would be great

9 minutes ago, bassett one said:

while we have no football,how about we try to agree on the best british team,including all players from 1900 to now,BUT only from swfc,sufc,rotherham,barnsley,so lets try best 11 inc irish,welsh and Scottish players

I would include

lane

kay

swan

waddle

And how much did it cost you to include Lane, Kay, and Swan in that list ?

2 hours ago, bassett one said:

I would include

lane

kay

swan

waddle

As any body from Barnsley FC ever played for England while at the club ? I can only think of John Stones (Everton/Man.City) and Tommy Taylor (Man Utd)  both of whom had left the club by then and Danny Blanchflower (N.Ireland) was a former Barnsley player but never capped while there,

My team would look like this having all represented their country  but not for our local clubs at the time. In  a 2-3-5  formation                                                               Ron Springett

Mel Sterland                                                                        Graham Shaw

Des Walker                    Peter Swan                   Emlyn Hughes

John Sheridan                                        Tony Currie

Jimmy Johnstone                                          David   Hirst                                        Chris Waddle

Edited by ALAN 58

alan 58 that looks a great team,remember they didn't have to be internationals to be included,so come on,i am biased swfc fan,but there have and still are some great utd players,great Barnsley and other nearby teams.

9 hours ago, bassett one said:

I would include

lane

kay

swan

waddle

Shouldn't this be best South Yorkshire team - and include Donny Rovers?

Leeds and Huddersfield have had some handy players in their time.

42 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Shouldn't this be best South Yorkshire team - and include Donny Rovers?

Leeds and Huddersfield have had some handy players in their time.

Yes Donny Rovers but the only really good players I remember with them are Alec Jeffrey and Harry Gregg  unless I can be enlightened on more recent ones (Charlie Williams ?). Doncaster is in South Yorkshire but Leeds and Huddersfield are in West Yorkshire.

Edited by St Petre
add

23 minutes ago, St Petre said:

Yes Donny Rovers but the only really good players I remember with them are Alec Jeffrey and Harry Gregg  unless I can be enlightened on more recent ones (Charlie Williams ?). Doncaster is in South Yorkshire but Leeds and Huddersfield are in West Yorkshire.

Laurie Sheffield wasn't bad. The  Snodins are worth a mention too.

who was the best centre forward for this section my name is derek Dooley as he scored more goals than others,but I may be wrong.

The players which I selected I had seen them play many times and imo worthy of a place in the line up. There is no doubt if I had seen Dooley, Hagan  and Jefferies they would have been considered for selection. Not easy being a manager is it. 

3 hours ago, ALAN 58 said:

The players which I selected I had seen them play many times and imo worthy of a place in the line up. There is no doubt if I had seen Dooley, Hagan  and Jefferies they would have been considered for selection. Not easy being a manager is it. 

When I first read that I thought you meant Francis Jeffers !!!

5 hours ago, bassett one said:

who was the best centre forward for this section my name is derek Dooley as he scored more goals than others,but I may be wrong.

John Fantham is the Owls leading post-war goalscorer with 166 from 1958 to 1969, Derek tho' managed 62 in 61 appearances for the Owls from 1950 to 1953.