Can anyone help me with photos of Sheaf Lane? 

I lived there with my mum, dad and older sister in the early to mid 60s. We were moved during the slum clearance programme to make way for the Park Roundabout. 

Any information would be very much appreciated. 

Thankyou

Howard 

Have you looked on picture Sheffield?

I can't find sheaf lane on the map or in Kelleys.Could it be the lane that was at the side of The  Plough. on Broad St???

1 hour ago, DarrellW said:

I can't find sheaf lane on the map or in Kelleys.Could it be the lane that was at the side of The  Plough. on Broad St???

Yes - here is an old map. Sheaf-Lane.jpg

4 hours ago, hillsbro said:

Yes - here is an old map. Sheaf-Lane.jpg

Yes, Mr.H has got the right map, also Sheaf Lane was a cul-de-sac and at that end on the left was the back of Park Cinema.

Brilliant.I always wanted a map like that.I new the area very well.I worked for a plumbing firm at 30 Broad St,Between the Plough Inn and Bensons carpet shop.  I remember there were some Terres houses in the Lane at the back of Sheaf Motors on Sheaf St.Was it Grattons on the other corner of Sheaf Lane Howard?

11 hours ago, St Petre said:

... Sheaf Lane was a cul-de-sac and at that end on the left was the back of Park Cinema.

Here is a map with the other end of Sheaf Lane:

Sheaf-Lane-2.jpg

I found a link to these maps on the "sheffieldhistory" website - https://www.google.com/maps/d/embed?mid=1nWFaI8gMlkr95rtcJUEUSjacZCU&ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&ll=53.38363548468771%2C-1.4802358571777177&spn=0.081959%2C0.137501&z=13&output=embed

10 hours ago, DarrellW said:

...Was it Grattons on the other corner of Sheaf Lane Howard?

Yere, Gratton's was on the other corner - here is a scan from the 1954 Kelly's Directory.

Broad-Street.jpg

I worked at Shaws ironmongers at the bottom of South Street around 65/66.We used to get deliveries on Sheaf Lane, There was Poysers wholesale tobacco merchants and there  was a Lagging company who used the Lane for deliveries,can't remember their name but remember Mort an Irishman who worked for them drank in the Samson.

2 hours ago, alan p said:

I worked at Shaws ironmongers at the bottom of South Street around 65/66.We used to get deliveries on Sheaf Lane, There was Poysers wholesale tobacco merchants and there  was a Lagging company who used the Lane for deliveries,can't remember their name but remember Mort an Irishman who worked for them drank in the Samson.

The lagging company was Darlington Insulation, also, didn't Gunstone's bakery have premises near there before they moved to Dronfield?

Yes it was Darlingtons. Gunstones was at the bottom of Duke Street I think and Granville Street my sister met her husband there.