Internet To Bar

Hi I’ve a bar bottom of my garden about 25m away from house. What’s best way to get internet down there thanks in advance 

My initial idea would be to try one of those Powerline adapters?

But I'm unsure on the range they can transmit along....someone more techy should be able to offer better advice.

If you've got power, go for Powerline adapters.

If not then some exterior grade cat5 cable.

A run of external-grade cat5e ethernet cable and a WiFi extender / 2nd Router on the end... Will be best option/highest stability.

Powerlines Generally don't work cross-ring, and through RDS, and if they do it's patch at best....

46 minutes ago, Ghozer said:

Powerlines Generally don't work cross-ring, and through RDS, and if they do it's patch at best....

Actually they do and there is no reason why they shouldn't as the supply with rings, spurs or radials is normally connected to the same bus in the fuse board and will be interrupted. They won't work across different phases though which is what you may get in an office environment but not in a domestic one. Having said that external grade cat cable would be better.

8 minutes ago, apelike said:

Actually they do and there is no reason why they shouldn't as the supply with rings, spurs or radials is normally connected to the same bus in the fuse board and will be interrupted. They won't work across different phases though which is what you may get in an office environment but not in a domestic one. Having said that external grade cat cable would be better.

It's been known with some cheap(er) ones not to work through RCD's across differing rings, at my mums old house you couldn't get anything through power lines from the living room, to the kitchen for example, and while all upstairs could connect to each other, they couldn't connect to downstairs at all...

it may be that they have improved some (i'm talking about 15 years or so ago now) - but it was a known problem that RCD's can stop them talking...

I fin d that powerline connectors on different rings are unreliable, with frequent disconnects, and I have tried devices from 3 different companies.

25m really isn't that far, wifi should be able to reach over that distance.

I want my sky q in there I get a signal from my home to bar but it’s very weak as I get closer to the bar so will I need a booster if so what kind ????

You can get exterior WiFi boosters but it can get expensive and could involve a lot more hardware for best results.

I'd go with external CAT5 and  a couple of switches. Or switch and a wireless access point or wireless router. You don't really need another router as the flat network you have will give over 200 addresses, doubtful you have that many techy bits and bobs. Keep it simple. No problem with 25m on CAT5

I don't like or use any type of powerline as they can be very temperamental and in my experience... slow. Cable is cheap and fast, WiFi can get expensive if you want to get really fast speed from it.