Sheffield Football Memories

5 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

I used to live on a crap Street like that, but I moved.

Bliss! :hihi:

Hi Ya Hots, nice to see you back, hope you and the family are keeping well :thumbsup:

Quite a few memorable goals to look back on, Jackie Sinclair bicycle kick in front of the Kop think it was against Swindon. Tommy Craig scored some cracking goals. I remember Wednesday playing Hull Dec 4th 197,1 think they were losing 1 - 0 and Jimmy Mullen scored a screamer at the Leppings Lane end and in the second half Craig hit one of his specials for a 2 - 1 win.  Wee Willie Henderson was an exciting and entertaining player to watch, dribbling his way up the pitch.  Anyone remember when Wednesday won away 1 - 0 at Reading to end a dire run without an away win, what a day that was, stood outside Elm Park watching Concorde going over the ground then a screamer from Jeff Johnson if I recall correctly. It used to be great going to the away matches, stood waiting in Pond Street hoping that you wouldn't be on the grotty old coach, good sing songs and atmosphere on the coaches but really quiet on the way home if it had been a bad day.

On 18/03/2020 at 13:15, St Petre said:

Alan, I think that Keith Ellis should be in that forward line as David Layne didn't join the Owls until 1962.

Hi SP , I wasn,t saying what was the lineup against MU, Kieth  Ellis scored hat trick in the 7-2 victory  with Fanthan  and Finney getting two each.. i was naming the team who i thought was best.

On 22/06/2020 at 13:49, Padders said:

Hi Ya Hots, nice to see you back, hope you and the family are keeping well :thumbsup:

Hi Padders. Glad you're well too. 

Had a Bereavement. Not Covid Related. Proper shock.

Otherwise, alles in ordnung. (Summat for you to Google?) :)

Made me think of Bypass Blade to be honest. He disappeared quite quickly.