Supermarket/food Deliveries

8 hours ago, catmiss said:

After registration, as per the Government letter, it was 4 weeks before access to supermarket delivery was confirmed.

Likewise I'm  in category  for the extremely vulnerable group, I got my first delivery slot on 9th April 

Morrison have a telephone line for both vulnerable and also the elderly to place orders over the phone although it's does require the use of chip and pin on delivery to pay for the items.

https://www.morrisons-corporate.com/media-centre/corporate-news/morrisons-introduces-new-measures-aimed-at-helping-vulnerable-and-elderly-during-crisis/

Morrison's have rolled out home delivery across many more stores this last few weeks. I got a start doing home delivery for them from someone I knew who worked there. All the applications I made for similar online came to nothing. 

On 7 May 2020 at 08:27, pattricia said:

I have started booking a grocery order online with Iceland during the Coronavirus. I have had two orders up to now without any trouble. When the virus is over  I will stay with Iceland. However when I tried to book this week it was impossible to get a delivery slot. Every booking slot said “ Not Available”. I eventually got one after staying on the site all day. My friend went on their site very early this morning 5am and got a delivery slot straight away. Also a friend of mine who has an order delivered from Tesco’s had to stay on their site until 2am before she got a delivery slot. So does it help at what time one goes on their site ?  Should I go on in the middle of the night ?
Is there anyone on SF who is an expert on ordering a food delivery online ? Can you help me by giving me any tips ? 

Iceland email me when they are doing the vulnerable priority slots, this week it's 9am-11am Tuesday and Thursday, it's then open and accessible to the general public at 11am they aslo state in thier email that, We’re currently releasing delivery slots to the general public at 11am Monday to Friday.

23 minutes ago, steve68 said:

Iceland email me when they are doing the vulnerable priority slots, this week it's 9am-11am Tuesday and Thursday, it's then open and accessible to the general public at 11am they aslo state in thier email that, We’re currently releasing delivery slots to the general public at 11am Monday to Friday.

Blimey that’s good of them and must be a help Steve. Do they email you every week with the vunerable slots ?

14 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Blimey that’s good of them and must be a help Steve. Do they email you every week with the vunerable slots ?

Yes it's been very helpful,  it's very week since the beginning of April,  sometimes two or it's three emails with slots, a once week shop is all I need so I've not had any problems other than a few items out of stock, but even then they emailed and sent  a code for £10 off a £50 shop.

18 minutes ago, steve68 said:

Yes it's been very helpful,  it's very week since the beginning of April,  sometimes two or it's three emails with slots, a once week shop is all I need so I've not had any problems other than a few items out of stock, but even then they emailed and sent  a code for £10 off a £50 shop.

Very good of them. Although I’ve had trouble getting slots , when I’ve got one, they email me to tell me, giving me a list of everything I’ve ordered and if there is anything out of stock, then the total price. They even email me on the day and time of delivery telling me “ Dear Patricia, Your order is on its way “ The delivery drivers have been very polite, so I tip them.. When the Coronavirus is over, I shall stay with them.

1 minute ago, pattricia said:

Very good of them. Although I’ve had trouble getting slots , when I’ve got one, they email me to tell me, giving me a list of everything I’ve ordered and if there is anything out of stock, then the total price. They even email me on the day and time of delivery telling me “ Dear Patricia, Your order is on its way “ The delivery drivers have been very polite, so I tip them.. When the Coronavirus is over, I shall stay with them.

It's maybe better to look at the days when  they put on the extra priority slots! Might be worth looking on Thursday at 11am and see if theIr are more general slots available?

the actual delivery procedure, texts and process is really good.

23 hours ago, steve68 said:

It's maybe better to look at the days when  they put on the extra priority slots! Might be worth looking on Thursday at 11am and see if theIr are more general slots available?

the actual delivery procedure, texts and process is really good.

So do they put extra delivery slots on Thursdays at 11am.?

42 minutes ago, pattricia said:

So do they put extra delivery slots on Thursdays at 11am.?

I got an email that told  me my priority slot was 9am to 11 am today (Wednesday) but  you're not guaranteed a slot. Didn't get one, so tried later to get any slot, and it says nothing available up to next Tuesday. But it says more slots coming soon. Last week I tried on the off-chance on Friday about 5pm and got a slot for the following morning. I think it must be just by chance, so just try whenever you can?

25 minutes ago, nanoffive said:

I got an email that told  me my priority slot was 9am to 11 am today (Wednesday) but  you're not guaranteed a slot. Didn't get one, so tried later to get any slot, and it says nothing available up to next Tuesday. But it says more slots coming soon. Last week I tried on the off-chance on Friday about 5pm and got a slot for the following morning. I think it must be just by chance, so just try whenever you can?

Thank you for your information.

24 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Thank you for your information.

Sorry it wasn't more helpful. Iceland actual order/delivery was very good though, as others have said- its just actually getting your slot that can be hard. Try 11am every day just after they've allocated the priority slots, and then just as and when you can. That's what I'm doing this week. Good luck.