Supermarket/food Deliveries

12 minutes ago, Chez2 said:

Anyone know how to register with Tesco? My husband went yesterday to shop for us, his mum and my parents. He was allowed one loaf. There was no bread flour either. 

No bread flour for a while now, online or in store.

Had confirmation earlier re our Sainsburys delivery this evening, booked a week ago.

No tomato soup.

No chicken soup.

No spaghetti.

Over 50% of items requested not available.

Ridiculous...

But then, the killer!

No Steradent tablets!

My mother-in-law will be gutted!

Who's stockpiling ******* Steradent tablets?!

Edited by RiffRaff

How does anyone register for being over 70/vulnerable and self isolating for Sainsbury's online priority?

CEO gives this message out that this group can register (doesn't say where or how) in order to set up online delivery.

We would risk it by coming out of self isolation (against Government advice) and order and collect but, no store near to where we live, nearest is 12 miles.

Duffems

9 minutes ago, DUFFEMS said:

How does anyone register for being over 70/vulnerable and self isolating for Sainsbury's online priority?

CEO gives this message out that this group can register (doesn't say where or how) in order to set up online delivery.

We would risk it by coming out of self isolation (against Government advice) and order and collect but, no store near to where we live, nearest is 12 miles.

Duffems

You can try and ring a number which, according to mother, has been engaged all day. Keep trying as all I can advise.

We've been trying that number for 2 days now, various times of the day with no success.

It's a marketing ploy in my opinion, they make it look as they're doing their bit but, it's nonsense.

Duffems

2 hours ago, DUFFEMS said:

Duffems

I've given up.

They originally claimed there was going to be an online form on the site yesterday (Mon) morning, where you could advise them that X had slipped through the net....but the form never appeared.

Been trying for 2 days on the sole 0800 number - must've tried literally 100's of times.

I've applied for one of the temporary delivery jobs yesterday with Tesco, Iceland and Morrison's. (I finished work voluntarily in January). The applications were a bit of a pain especially the Iceland one which was quite intensive. Not heard anything back yet.

14 hours ago, RiffRaff said:

I've given up.

They originally claimed there was going to be an online form on the site yesterday (Mon) morning, where you could advise them that X had slipped through the net....but the form never appeared.

Been trying for 2 days on the sole 0800 number - must've tried literally 100's of times.

Not much help for those without computer access though. I have also given up with Asda. My computerisn't working and won't let me sign up. 

What a mess....

28 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Not much help for those without computer access though. I have also given up with Asda. My computerisn't working and won't let me sign up. 

What a mess....

Indeed it is.

We already have an account with S's, and with 2 addresses tied to it - ours at home, and aged mother-in-law's. Where it all falls down is that they don't ask any (now) pertinent questions (age, physical condition, etc.)  when you sign up initially,  so as a consequence, our 93 year old has, to use their terminology, "slipped through the net".

The only way to add the old dear to the "vulnerable" list is by ringing the 0800 number....and you know the rest!

We've had no success at all with online or the 0800 number. 

On Sunday, we had to make an emergency dash up the M1 to our mother who's 94, leave her some essentials (bare minimum we could find) on her doorstep then wave to her through her bedroom window as we passed on our way back down the M1, she's in Killamarsh, we're about 30 miles away and in our 70's, heartbreaking but, what are we supposed to do.

She's now dependent on anyone in her locality dropping things at her doorstep but, how are these old people supposed to pay, cash isn't allowed.

I'm sure we're one of many thousands who have independently living relatives in the 70's/80's/90's who can't now go out to buy the most basics  for survival.

We also have our own dilemma of when/how /where to shop in safety when you're in your 70's.

The online system isn't able to cope.

Regards,

Duffems

1 hour ago, DUFFEMS said:

We've had no success at all with online or the 0800 number. 

On Sunday, we had to make an emergency dash up the M1 to our mother who's 94, leave her some essentials (bare minimum we could find) on her doorstep then wave to her through her bedroom window as we passed on our way back down the M1, she's in Killamarsh, we're about 30 miles away and in our 70's, heartbreaking but, what are we supposed to do.

She's now dependent on anyone in her locality dropping things at her doorstep but, how are these old people supposed to pay, cash isn't allowed.

I'm sure we're one of many thousands who have independently living relatives in the 70's/80's/90's who can't now go out to buy the most basics  for survival.

We also have our own dilemma of when/how /where to shop in safety when you're in your 70's.

The online system isn't able to cope.

Regards,

Duffems

Correct, matey -  a totally ludicrous attempt at solving a large problem.

One number, for the whole of the UK. They must've suspected what was going to happen - they should have at least given an email address as well.

They wrote on their site "Tell us if we got it wrong".

Yup - You got it wrong!

Still trying Sainsbury's/Asda/Iceland/Tesco all with the same outcome, unable to order.

It looks like we'll be joining the queues on the mornings us old 'uns are allowed to go out to lay ourselves wide open to the dreaded virus anyway so what's the point!

Has anyone successfully managed to navigate the system of online ordering, is that why no-one else is replying to this thread, they're all  keeping it to themselves?

Good luck Riffraff.

Regards,

Duffems