Supermarket/food Deliveries

they state  they have the food no problem,we have thousands on the dole that can fill up shelves ect,hire vans get the job done ,women were no good on farms,but the land girls sorted that out,or just limit what one can buy,but with all the companys going bust ect,bar staff ect,set them on its not rocket science is it

2 hours ago, bassett one said:

they state  they have the food no problem,we have thousands on the dole that can fill up shelves ect,hire vans get the job done ,women were no good on farms,but the land girls sorted that out,or just limit what one can buy,but with all the companys going bust ect,bar staff ect,set them on its not rocket science is it

What....you honestly think that a company can just employ people at the drop of a hat without consideration of how they will actually be paid and where the money in the budget is going to come from to cover the costs of that increased payroll or how they are supposed to sort out their tax and national insurance and statutory rights and employment legislation.  It doesn't just happen by wave of a magic wand you know.   

Do you think it's that easy to just "hire" all these extra vehicles or that such numbers of vehicles just happen to be sitting around available anyway.  

Have you stopped to think for a second about the levels of planning, coordination, administration and contractual legalities involved in managing a massive supply chain from hundreds of different manufacturers and distribution to hundreds or thousands of store branches.

You are talking nonsense.

The impact of this virus is changing everyday and yes of course companies have  contingency but nobody would ever expect to have to plan for this level of scale nor in such a short time frame.

The reality is that if it wasn't for the moronic behaviour of the heard mentaility public there wouldn't be such a crisis in the first place.   

Every time I saw some scumbag with a trolley piled high with 97 toilet rolls 57 varieties of tins of beans it almost made me wish they did get a dose of the Tommies.

We all just need to stop buying into the media horse crap and calm the hell down.  If we just eat what we normally eat and buy things like we normally buy things there will be no bloody issue.  

The majority of us in this country we are not starving Africans.   In fact according to the NHS there are vast numbers who are clinically obese.   If we run out of packets of monster munch or custard creams I'm sure we can survive perfectly well a few extra days until the restock comes in.  

Notwithstanding any of that, even if the absolute worst case scenario happens.  If the proverbial hits the fan and there is no andrex left to clean it up then we in this privileged country have this wonderful thing called running water.  As some of our Eastern neighbours would testify there is more than one way to clean a backside.

If there was ever an opportunity to give the OTT panicking masses of this country a hypothetical slap I will gladly do it.

Edited by ECCOnoob

3 hours ago, bassett one said:

Wow what a pessimistic  Mr Glum you are. 

2 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

What....you honestly think that a company can just employ people at the drop of a hat without consideration of how they will actually be paid and where the money in the budget is going to come from to cover the costs of that increased payroll or how they are supposed to sort out their tax and national insurance and statutory rights and employment legislation.  It doesn't just happen by wave of a magic wand you know.   

Do you think it's that easy to just "hire" all these extra vehicles or that such numbers of vehicles just happen to be sitting around available anyway.  

Have you stopped to think for a second about the levels of planning, coordination, administration and contractual legalities involved in managing a massive supply chain from hundreds of different manufacturers and distribution to hundreds or thousands of store branches.

The impact of this virus is changing everyday and yes of course companies have  contingency but nobody would ever expect to have to plan for this level of scale nor in such a short time frame.

The reality is that if it wasn't for the moronic behaviour of the heard mentaility public there wouldn't be such a crisis in the first place.   

Every time I saw some scumbag with a trolley piled high with 97 toilet rolls 57 varieties of tins of beans it almost made me wish they did get a dose of the Tommies.

We all just need to stop buying into the media horse crap and calm the hell down.  If we just eat what we normally eat and buy things like we normally buy things there will be no bloody issue.  

The majority of us in this country we are not starving Africans.   In fact according to the NHS there are vast numbers who are clinically obese.   If we run out of packets of monster munch or custard creams I'm sure we can survive perfectly well a few extra days until the restock comes in.  

Notwithstanding any of that, even if the absolute worst case scenario happens.  If the proverbial hits the fan and there is no andrex left to clean it up then we in this privileged country have this wonderful thing called running water.  As some of our Eastern neighbours would testify there is more than one way to clean a backside.

If there was ever an opportunity to give the OTT panicking masses of this country a hypothetical slap I will gladly do it.

well put

Really confused by supermarkets dedicating specific times for elderly/vulnerable to shop. I appreciate they’ve trying to facilitate supplies to this group whilst on line shopping is so over subscribed but isn’t this at odds with government advice to self isolate. Also the time slots are at a time when public transport will be at its busiest getting people to work further increasing risk.

5 hours ago, davyboy said:
7 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

well put

Second that.

What we really need now, is common sense, clear -thinking, positivity,......and improved, increased Health care(permanent, not just temporary), might help?

some supermarkets are helping those over 70 or disabled by giving them priority 1st choice delivery ,anyone any details?

3 hours ago, bassett one said:

some supermarkets are helping those over 70 or disabled by giving them priority 1st choice delivery ,anyone any details?

I've not heard this but it certainly doesn't apply to Adsa.  I wish it did as I can't get to shops.

Just had my very small grocery order delivered.  At least half of what I wanted was unavailable.

Edited by kaleidoscope

21 hours ago, dropout said:

Second that.

What we really need now, is common sense, clear -thinking, positivity,......and improved, increased Health care(permanent, not just temporary), might help?

Given that the government is having to spend to support business, jobs and incomes I think we’re in for austerity again when things improve. Whilst I’m not against the above I think some organisations are trying it on-radio report and interview this morning from rugby rep saying without gov support the sport would be lost forever

22 hours ago, bassett one said:

Received an e-mail from CEO of Sainsbury's saying that they're giving priority slots to over 70's and vulnerable but, how does anyone register and also, how is this system monitored?

Duffems

3 hours ago, DUFFEMS said:

Received an e-mail from CEO of Sainsbury's saying that they're giving priority slots to over 70's and vulnerable but, how does anyone register and also, how is this system monitored?

Duffems

As it says in the email I posted here yesterday. You will be contacted .

Anyone know how to register with Tesco? My husband went yesterday to shop for us, his mum and my parents. He was allowed one loaf. There was no bread flour either.