Supermarket/food Deliveries

17 minutes ago, DUFFEMS said:

Still trying Sainsbury's/Asda/Iceland/Tesco all with the same outcome, unable to order.

It looks like we'll be joining the queues on the mornings us old 'uns are allowed to go out to lay ourselves wide open to the dreaded virus anyway so what's the point!

Has anyone successfully managed to navigate the system of online ordering, is that why no-one else is replying to this thread, they're all  keeping it to themselves?

Good luck Riffraff.

Regards,

Duffems

And Good Luck to you as well, squire!

Incidentally, a bit of an update for you...and a bit of a backtrack from Sainsburys.

To qualify, you now have to registered along the lines of vulnerability, not age.

There's a slight change on their website stating that they are now acting in conjunction with this -

https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vulnerable

In other words, your mum can be any age you can think of, but if she's not suffering from one of the afflictions mentioned as you go through the gov.uk site, she's not classed as "vulnerable" in Sainsburys eyes...and therefore won't get preferential deliveries.

Looks like you're up and down the M1 again, Duffems...sorry.

the answer is simple,get drivers ,get vehicles and deliver,so you could say order non frozen food,use cold boxes,there must be thousands willing to work,its not rocket science just give them the addresses or put them in a sat nav and away they go,they don't need special training,why not use taxi companys when there cars are not in use,many taxi drivers when not working do takeaway deliverys,make life simple save lives and stop in,that man boris is clueless,even taking paternity leave when he was asked,the great leaders wouldn't even of considered that.

35 minutes ago, bassett one said:

the answer is simple,get drivers ,get vehicles and deliver,so you could say order non frozen food,use cold boxes,there must be thousands willing to work,its not rocket science just give them the addresses or put them in a sat nav and away they go,they don't need special training,why not use taxi companys when there cars are not in use,many taxi drivers when not working do takeaway deliverys,make life simple save lives and stop in,that man

I'm sure the supermarkets are growing their delivery teams. However, there are over 29 million households in the UK. Even with one delivery per household per week that would mean hundreds of thousands of deliveries per hour plus all the time and people needed to assemble the order to deliver. 

boris is clueless,even taking paternity leave when he was asked,the great leaders wouldn't even of considered that.

let's wait and see what he does when baby boris appears and the state of everything before we criticise the paternity leave he might or might not take.

Edited by andyofborg

1 hour ago, DUFFEMS said:

Still trying Sainsbury's/Asda/Iceland/Tesco all with the same outcome, unable to order.

It looks like we'll be joining the queues on the mornings us old 'uns are allowed to go out to lay ourselves wide open to the dreaded virus anyway so what's the point!

Has anyone successfully managed to navigate the system of online ordering, is that why no-one else is replying to this thread, they're all  keeping it to themselves?

Good luck Riffraff.

Regards,

Duffems

I have been an Ocado customer for the last 4 and a half years. I pay for Smart Pass as well. I have a fixed delivery slot every Sunday morning. I just edited my order for this week's order no problem. No need to panic buy. I just shop as per the norm. Couple this with milk deliveries and being to work from home, my household can isolate at home without a problem.

Ocado are simply as they have already stated prioritising their current customers and stopped new registrations. It is I am afraid pretty fair. They can't serve everyone. 

3 hours ago, bassett one said:

,that man boris is clueless,even taking paternity leave when he was asked,the great leaders wouldn't even of considered that.

Hold your horses, she hasn't  even had the baby yet.

I don't think anyone envies his job at the moment.

Bet Corbyn's glad he didn't get in.

It took my daughter 4 hours to get on the Asda site. I was in a q yesterday when  the computer went asleep when it woke I had lost my connection  to Asda an dhad to start again.It took an hour or so to register an d finally got a click and collect for April 9. Slot had to be finished by 8 14 pm or I would lose it.

What with the site problems , credit card security, I finished the order at 8 10 pm

I am nearly 80  and reasonably  au fait with the internet but what about those that at  arnt

2 hours ago, davyboy said:

It took my daughter 4 hours to get on the Asda site. I was in a q yesterday when  the computer went asleep when it woke I had lost my connection  to Asda an dhad to start again.It took an hour or so to register an d finally got a click and collect for April 9. Slot had to be finished by 8 14 pm or I would lose it.

What with the site problems , credit card security, I finished the order at 8 10 pm

I am nearly 80  and reasonably  au fait with the internet but what about those that at  arnt

Can't say about Asda but Ocado has been operating a virtual queue system which can be crazy.  17,000+ in it at it peak and a wait of over 4 hours, but turns out to be closer to 45 minutes.  However, I managed to log in at 4am straight away with out a problem.  So try in the early hours to see if that helps.

14 hours ago, andyofborg said:

I'm sure the supermarkets are growing their delivery teams. However, there are over 29 million households in the UK. Even with one delivery per household per week that would mean hundreds of thousands of deliveries per hour plus all the time and people needed to assemble the order to deliver.

Your number is no doubt correct, but we're talking about deliveries to aged/infirm/vulnerables here, not everyone in the UK.

14 hours ago, Albert the Cat said:

I have been an Ocado customer for the last 4 and a half years. I pay for Smart Pass as well. I have a fixed delivery slot every Sunday morning. I just edited my order for this week's order no problem. No need to panic buy. I just shop as per the norm. Couple this with milk deliveries and being to work from home, my household can isolate at home without a problem.

Ocado are simply as they have already stated prioritising their current customers and stopped new registrations. It is I am afraid pretty fair. They can't serve everyone. 

Sorry, but is this meant to be helpful?!

People like Duffems are trying to solve problems now - telling folk what you achieved 4 years ago isn't really any use, particularly when you add that new registrations aren't being actioned.

It's a bit like saying that I had an absolutely stunning holiday in Senegambia a few years ago, but - oh dear! What a shame! You can't now!

I'm glad you're safe and secure.

Edited by RiffRaff

1 hour ago, RiffRaff said:

Sorry, but is this meant to be helpful?!

People like Duffems are trying to solve problems now - telling folk what you achieved 4 years ago isn't really any use, particularly when you add that new registrations aren't being actioned.

It's a bit like saying that I had an absolutely stunning holiday in Senegambia a few years ago, but - oh dear! What a shame! You can't now!

I'm glad you're safe and secure.

Just answering his question on how people are getting deliveries actually.  But also alluding to the fact that you shouldn't rely on the prospect of getting deliveries in a timely manner if you are not already provisioned for it because you simply can't.

got my asda delivery today arrived on time a few subs but got what i ordered nothing missing, but new rules drivers aren't allowed in flats any more they drop the stuff outside the communal entrance rather coming up the stairs  with the sack barrow thing , i could manage it but thought i would let others know who might need help from a neighbour, friend ect..

I managed to do an online shop with asda at 3am.no problem with web site. Getting it delivered on 14th next month just when i wanted it!