Pubs Offering Take Out Or Home Delivery - information thread

10 hours ago, everdearest said:

There’s a lengthy list here https://thisissheffield.app/coronavirus-directory

Which is already out of date.  I tried "Urban Choola" for example, last night.  Their restaurant is closed and they aren't doing any take-aways or deliveries, contrary to what it says in the list you've attached.

Can anyone please tell me just HOW one goes about getting a "take-away" from a pub that is closed?

I understood that Shakespeare's on Gibraltar Street and the nearby Kelham Island Tavern, two bastions of fine ale, were both going to be offering take-away beer now that the pub closure ban has been imposed.

So, last night I visited both to order some takeaway beer.  The Shakespeare's doors were locked, although there was  light on inside and I could see 2 or 3 people moving around.  I phoned them but the phone wasn't answered - it went straight to answerphone.

So, on to Kelham Island Tavern...doors locked, all in darkness.  

I tried to check out things like Facebook, but no clues there either.  I mean, do these people actually want to sell their beer still?  Because there are many of us waiting to buy it from them?

Edited by DerbyTup

I like a drink too. !

Does it have to be from a pub?...Not with me.

Premier shops are well stocked with cans and bottles of wine etc.

Forget the Local supermarkets....The shelves are stripped.!

Here is the latest I've seen looking through Twitter/Facebook - remember opening hours for off licence or food takeaway are generally reduced compared to normal pub hours as special arrangements may apply to maintain safe social distance. Beer and food purchased should be taken home to consume, don't sit in the car park or beer garden, the pubs  are closed for on site consumption!

Please check on individual venue's social media for more information including opening hours and arrangements.

Turners Bottle Shop, Abbeydale Road

Beer Central, Moor Market

Kommune, City Centre - delivery only, via Citygrab

Red Deer, City Centre - delivery only, 3 mile range.

Punch Bowl, Crookes - takeaway food, order by phone

Castle Inn, Bradway - takeaway or delivery meals and drink. Menu posted on Facebook.

Coach & Horses, Dronfield - operating as a bottle shop, plus draught beer to take home whilst stocks last.

Gardeners Rest, Neepsend - beer and snacks (Crisps etc) to takeaway, knock on the door for service.

Hallamshire House, Commonside - operating as a bottle shop

Ecclesall Ale Club, Ecclesall Road - operating as an off licence

Blue Stoops, Dronfield - food and drink to takeaway

Raven, Walkley - drinks to go

Fuggle Bunny Brewhouse, Halfway - Takeaway beer available on Fridays only

Stancill Brewery - 5 pint bag in box available for home delivery

Sheffield Brewery - minikegs and bottles available for home delivery

Abbeydale Brewery - cans available for home delivery, order online

Walkley Beer Co - operating as an off licence

Beer Stop, Dronfield - delivery available

White Swan, Dronfield - pie dinners and drinks available for delivery

Triple Point Brewery - operating as a beer/merchandise shop to take home, bag in box beer delivery also available via Boozehound

Archer Road Beer Shop - bottles, cans and cask beer to take away.

Edited by Andy C

4 hours ago, FinBak said:

I like a drink too. !

Does it have to be from a pub?...Not with me.

Premier shops are well stocked with cans and bottles of wine etc.

Forget the Local supermarkets....The shelves are stripped.!

I can answer that for you very easily...

If you have no taste and think that fizzy beer out of bottles and cans is the same as drinking a long, smooth, creamy, cask ale, then no, it doesn't have to be from a pub.

I always have at least 50 bottles of wine at home - but it's not the same as popping out for a pint.

And least, not for me.

2 hours ago, Andy C said:

Here is the latest I've seen looking through Twitter/Facebook - remember opening hours for off licence or food takeaway are generally reduced compared to normal pub hours as special arrangements may apply to maintain safe social distance. Beer and food purchased should be taken home to consume, don't sit in the car park or beer garden, the pubs  are closed for on site consumption!

Please check on individual venue's social media for more information including opening hours and arrangements.

Turners Bottle Shop, Abbeydale Road

Beer Central, Moor Market

Kommune, City Centre - delivery only, via Citygrab

Red Deer, City Centre - delivery only, 3 mile range.

Punch Bowl, Crookes - takeaway food, order by phone

Castle Inn, Bradway - takeaway or delivery meals and drink. Menu posted on Facebook.

Coach & Horses, Dronfield - operating as a bottle shop, plus draught beer to take home whilst stocks last.

Gardeners Rest, Neepsend - beer and snacks (Crisps etc) to takeaway, knock on the door for service.

Hallamshire House, Commonside - operating as a bottle shop

Ecclesall Ale Club, Ecclesall Road - operating as an off licence

Blue Stoops, Dronfield - food and drink to takeaway

Raven, Walkley - drinks to go

Fuggle Bunny Brewhouse, Halfway - Takeaway beer available on Fridays only

Stancill Brewery - 5 pint bag in box available for home delivery

Sheffield Brewery - minikegs and bottles available for home delivery

Abbeydale Brewery - cans available for home delivery, order online

Walkley Beer Co - operating as an off licence

Beer Stop, Dronfield - delivery available

White Swan, Dronfield - pie dinners and drinks available for delivery

Triple Point Brewery - operating as a beer/merchandise shop to take home, bag in box beer delivery also available via Boozehound

Archer Road Beer Shop - bottles, cans and cask beer to take away.

So no information then on Shakespeare's or Kelham Island Tavern?  Fair enough!  Not your fault.  But before the shutdown they were going out of their way to tell people they could still get takeaway cask/keg beers - yet no one knows how apparently!  Great marketing! 🙄 

Bottles and cans we can get any day of the week from any supermarket.  That's really no help.  

Not having a go at you btw - I think you go out of your way to provide us with some excellent information - but if you are talking with these guys, can you get them to wake their ideas up?  I have money in my pocket.  I want to go to a pub that has decent cask ale and pay them for a take out.  But I've no idea how to do that?

59 minutes ago, DerbyTup said:

If you have no taste and think that fizzy beer out of bottles and cans is the same as drinking a long, smooth, creamy, cask ale, then no, it doesn't have to be from a pub.

I always have at least 50 bottles of wine at home - but it's not the same as popping out for a pint.

And least, not for me.

So no information then on Shakespeare's or Kelham Island Tavern?  Fair enough!  Not your fault.  But before the shutdown they were going out of their way to tell people they could still get takeaway cask/keg beers - yet no one knows how apparently!  Great marketing! 🙄 

Bottles and cans we can get any day of the week from any supermarket.  That's really no help.  

Not having a go at you btw - I think you go out of your way to provide us with some excellent information - but if you are talking with these guys, can you get them to wake their ideas up?  I have money in my pocket.  I want to go to a pub that has decent cask ale and pay them for a take out.  But I've no idea how to do that?

Some pubs were just selling off what they already had tapped then closed, others have adapted to operating as an off licence.

It isn't simple at the moment, they have to do off sales with social distancing and extra hygiene measures in place. There is also the question on whether there is enough custom wanting to take beer home.

The Kelham was open 2pm to 5pm on Saturday with a grab and go system with one or two pint cartons ready filled. Today they have been closed to have discussions with all the staff from the pub and Blue Bee Brewery. This was all on their Facebook page.

Shakespeare's did takeouts up to Friday night and are now closed until further notice.

You can get cans and bottles from supermarkets but they have limited choice when it comes to the nicer beers and very few of our local breweries have listings with the big chains!

Edited by Andy C

I went to Walkley Beer Co. today and got 2 two pint carry outs. I was the only one in there. On the way home I passed The Raven and they were doing carry outs of cask ale at £2.50 a pint, limited opening times though and card only payments.

Many micros have take the decision today to close fully.    A run for beer is not a valid reason to be out.

This may be a solution? 

http://bradfieldbrewery.com/

2 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Many micros have take the decision today to close fully.    A run for beer is not a valid reason to be out.

You're right of course.  I think it is only a matter of time (hours or days) before we are on total lock down.  

What is a 'growler'. When I lived in Sheffield it was a pork pie? Can anyone expand on this?

The Harlequin are doing take-away draught beer at £2.00/£2.50 per pint and hope to soon offer take-away food too.  Best to contact them via social media (twitter for pub or FB/Twitter for Exit 33 Brewery) to check availability and "book" a collection time (nominally between 7- 11 each evening) as the door will be closed.

Guest makapaka
On 22/03/2020 at 18:54, DerbyTup said:

And least, not for me.

keep positive.