Pubs Offering Take Out Or Home Delivery - information thread

Kelham Island Tavern are doing take-out  1 pint and 2 pint cartons. 50p off per pint for take-out.   Also 50p off take-out cans and bottles.

Just now, jaffa1 said:

Going back to the olden days where you use to tap at the little side window of the pub (the off sales ) and hand them your enamel  jug to fill full of beer.

I use to get sent as a kid and they always served me even though they knew I was under age.

This is a great idea for pubs, at least it will keep their heads above water. I wonder if the small restaurants will do the same thing with takeaway meals.

Given how bad things are for many people financially (not only poor, but middle and high earners) - there will be a lot of people trying things. Hopefully good.

My income has pretty much instantly stopped. Like a lot of people.

I wonder if better pre-internet. There's so much info now, that I have isolated myself from anything other than the CMO says or the PM says, and a few comments like this on forums.

Goodness help us if beer runs out, so I hope this works as a part of this large scale issue.

The Union at Nether Edge are doing take-out food and beers too. 

Bath Hotel just started doing growlers, I'd guess other thornbridge pubs won't be far behind them

Horse and Jockey doing delivery 5 pint "bag in box" for £15.

Actually, it's Stancill Brewery so includes their other pubs (just the H&J  is my closest!).

On 18/03/2020 at 19:14, jaffa1 said:

Going back to the olden days where you use to tap at the little side window of the pub (the off sales ) and hand them your enamel  jug to fill full of beer.

I use to get sent as a kid and they always served me even though they knew I was under age.

This is a great idea for pubs, at least it will keep their heads above water. I wonder if the small restaurants will do the same thing with takeaway meals.

Didn't have to be an Enamel jug, we'd often bring back 2Ltr pop bottles full of beer finish off the Sunday afternoon session around the kitchen table eating our Roast dinner.

Bit sad all the comments on here, 'having to self isolate,' 'dont know how we're going to manage money wise,' is my job safe', etc, etc then feeling the importance is having to order beer to your door.

Good time to stop perhaps!

Temparance 

Wetherspoons doing take away food still charging normal price .I thought takeaways where

vat free.

On 18/03/2020 at 18:30, slh73 said:

A refillable glass or stainless Steel bottle with an airtight sealable lid. 

Head of steam have installed a crowler machine, so they can put any of their draught beers in a can to take away

Forgive my ignorance, but what's a "crowler" machine?

On 19/03/2020 at 07:48, mr craig said:

If you need your beer delivering Chesterfield Craft deliver to Sheffield and the surrounding areas on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Good selection of beers at decent prices.

https://www.chesterfieldcraft.co.uk/home-deliveries

This is a great selection of some unusual beers.  I don't normally buy beer to drink at home, so I don't know if the prices are "decent" or not.  Some of them seem very high but that's probably because of the high alcohol content.

Kelham Island Tavern doing take away beer.

Edited by nikki-red

2 hours ago, DerbyTup said:

Forgive my ignorance, but what's a "crowler" machine?

A machine that allows a bar to put draught beer in a can to take away, then seals a lid with a ring pull on it. The name comes from a combo of can and growler. 

https://vinepair.com/articles/what-is-a-crowler-beer-history/

On 18/03/2020 at 18:30, slh73 said:

A refillable glass or stainless Steel bottle with an airtight sealable lid. 

Head of steam have installed a growler machine, so they can put any of their draught beers in a can to take away

For some reason this post has been edited. Head of steam are selling crowlers. They may fill a growler if you take one in, but that's not what my post said originally 

Birley pub,

Selling all its Kegs off,very good bargains if you got the pumps for them,

11 gallons to 22 gallons

On 18/03/2020 at 06:04, speleo1 said:

Rivelin hotel

Going to do Meals on wheels.

Blind monkey

Do take away deliveries.

Raven/palm street

Do take home beer.

New barrack tavern

Take away Bottles cartons and growlers.