Car Phone Warehouse To Close All 531 Stores

As the title says they are closing their stores putting 2900 jobs at risk. They will still sell phones in pc world and Dixon's stores.

I still cannot understand how every month we hear of companies closing with the loss of thousands of jobs and yet despite never hearing of companies setting up and creating similar number of jobs the unemployment figure is always reported as falling each month.

Sorry to hear that nearly 3000 people may be losing their jobs. Hope they find other occupation very soon.

As for Car phone warehouse, I found their customer service to be appalling. Maybe this has something to do with their demise.

If the stores are closing how can the two terms,  may be losing their jobs or jobs at risk, the jobs are definatley lost if their is no shop to work in. :loopy:

its internet purchasing that has emerged as the preferable method of shopping in that area.Landlords will probably convert many of the high street locations into flats ?

I've always found them to be OK, but I am the worst type of customer.  I upgrade only if I need to, usually with a £120 phone that will last me 3 or 4 years and buy the cheapest rolling monthly PAYG style contract.

I use their own branded phone service and whenever I've wanted a new phone I've found them to be pretty good at not hassling you.

Edited by alchresearch

I've found them helpful and ok.   My current phone cost £13 and is fine as I can't be bothered using it for anything else other than txt and phone.

Probably down to the lost business through rampant mis-selling. 

Phones4U did exactly the same. Sold a pack of lies and when customers weren't happy within the returns period, fobbed them off to the network 

On ‎17‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 10:25, abbeyedges said:

I still cannot understand how every month we hear of companies closing with the loss of thousands of jobs and yet despite never hearing of companies setting up and creating similar number of jobs the unemployment figure is always reported as falling each month.

I've seen people complaining about the Conservative governments that we have had in recent years miscounting the unemployment figures to make it sound like more people are employed.

Apparently someone who works one hour every fortnight is classed as fully employed.

If this is the case then maybe people who have been made redundant and receiving redundancy payments are not counted either.