Covid19 - Sheffield Help Thread. Read First Post Before Commenting Please.

I hope the volunteering which was on a mssive scale in Sheffield during Covid1, can happen again, but times are different, for example, many will now be unemployed, and the DWP does not allow 'freelance' volunteering.

As Sheffield has now been assigned Tier 2 status, it's probably more important for residents to keep tabs on who's going where, etc.

Obligatory for certain establishments, but did you know that any business can obtain a Covid QR code for scanning?

Petrol stations?

Newspaper shops?

Anywhere where there's footfall would surely be a good idea?

https://www.gov.uk/create-coronavirus-qr-poster

For Discussion on Covid and the Tier 3 please use the thread in General. Please keep this thread for the support aspect.

Does anyone know how I can get 4x4 Transport to attend my Covid jab appointment?

I live on a hill, I'm snowed in, and my appointment is at 0810 on Wednesday morning.

The clinic is about a 4 mile round trip. I'm going to try to drive myself, but I'm not confident I'll get off my street.

It's too steep and snowy to get up, and likewise, too dangerous to go down.

A 4x4 would get me out of the jam.

I know there's a 4x4 group who help in these situations, but I can't find a name or 'phone number anywhere.

I don't want to cancel. The Medics take the trouble to get to the Clinic in snowy  conditions, and I feel I should do all I can  to attend.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

Can you get in touch with the clinic?  They might be ready for such situations and send a Doctor out to your address. Hope this helps. 

There’s an up to date thread on the “General “ Section. 

3 hours ago, gluedtopc said:

Can you get in touch with the clinic?  They might be ready for such situations and send a Doctor out to your address. Hope this helps. 

There’s an up to date thread on the “General “ Section. 

Thanks for your input, but they will probably understand if I don't show. They're used to it in poor weather. I'm not an invalid so I could easily rebook, but I'd like to make it if I can. For the sake of a few days, I don't want to trouble them further.

2 hours ago, enntee said:

Are these the people that you are thinking of:

https://www.yorkshire4x4response.org/?page=userinformation

Thanks for your input as well. 

They're similar. I've contacted this organisation, but they don't deal with individual requests.

There's another group of people who are just 'people' who like to help in these kind of conditions.

They're the people I'd really like to find.

Cheers anyway.  I've done my best, but can't find who 'they' are.

I'll pay more attention next time they have a spokesperson on Radio Sheffield.