Covid19 - Sheffield Help Thread. Read First Post Before Commenting Please.

Warning -  It did not take the scammers long to exploit the situation .

The latest one doing the rounds,  You get an email supposedly from a friend or family member who is self isolating but they are in need of help and request money

This one did the rounds some years back when people were either ill or suffered an accident abroad

So make sure your email contacts are protected

On 18/03/2020 at 02:08, mort said:

The national trust have removed charges for all parks and gardens including car parking fees to allow people to access the outdoors while remaining socially distant. 

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/news/our-latest-statement-on-coronavirus-covid-19

All national trust car parks are now closed as of last weekend.  Too many folks were taking advantage of their offer, obviously!

Anyone know of any help in the arbourthorne area? I live with the person I care for we’re both isolating cause I’ve cold symptoms and wheezing due to asthma she suffers severe mental health Lloyd’s was meant to be delivering her medications I rang them up to be told they aren’t delivering. There’s no one else the neighbours are elderly and isolating and family are also isolating as high risk I explained this to them and said there’s only me and I’ve been told to keep at home , the person I care for does not go out alone due to mental health I said so I have to come myself though I’ve got these symptoms they simply told me yes sorry I mean for real.... keep home isolate if your ill... Lloyd’s are more than happy for me to go get the meds for her well I’ve no masks so surely no come backs?! I don’t know if any help in the arbourthorne area so I’ve no choice otherwise this lot is ridiculous I cannot believe Lloyd’s I really can’t 

Hi Lisspot.

Although this is for the Norfolk Park area try them as they may be able to help/give you a contact number for the Arbourthorne area.

It's on Facebook: Norfolk Park Sheffield Mutual Aid Group.

PS I'm not a Facebook person so not tried it!:)

Edited by apelike

Thanks for that Unfortunately I’ve heard from no one so I ended up going myself

It’s just been announced that the NHS are looking for volunteers. I want to volunteer so how would I apply? 

6 hours ago, Funky_Gibbon said:

The registration page for this service is now live.

https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vulnerable

I had text from this service earlier the registration the questions are very straightforward with simple yes and no answers, certainly should catch those that don't have the family/friends network of support to help with things such as food shopping or medication collections, the text message I got was a  clear message for the vulnerable group is you Must stay at Home don't go out, that help will be out there, for those without a network in place.

52 minutes ago, jon&emma said:

It’s just been announced that the NHS are looking for volunteers. I want to volunteer so how would I apply? 

Your NHS needs you! Join our team today.

" Volunteers must be 18 or over, and fit and well with no symptoms. Those in higher-risk groups (including those over 70, those who are pregnant or with underlying medical conditions) will be able to offer support by telephone. Your safety is our priority. The majority of tasks can be undertaken while social distancing and volunteers will receive guidance through our 'getting started pack'. If you do become ill you can pause your volunteering. Patient transport drivers will require an enhanced DBS check and will receive guidance to do this role safely, also included within the 'getting started pack"

https://www.goodsamapp.org/NHSvolunteerresponders?fbclid=IwAR2O7NjjiVY1xXR81HLvOtG44wZ_fGGBoFGPMfnWSoP-BNqhj5hk71xSEr4 

Edited by nikki-red

Thank you Funky_Gibbon