Covid19 - Sheffield Help Thread. Read First Post Before Commenting Please.

Found on Facebook

If any over 70s are struggling for their bread from the supermarkets etc, please give us a call on 01142396019 with a days notice and you can come and collect freshly baked bread and/or bread cakes free of charge. Collection is Birley Moor Bakery, on Birley Moor Rd.
We will do everything we can to help out our community and people in need at this worrying time.

Courtesy of Meadows Bakery. Xx

EDIT- we have recieved a few messages from people under 70 who are wanting to order bread at our regular prices, we are happy to take your bread orders on the number provided and collection will be available from either our store at Birley or our bakery in Handsworth (01142699261). While we cannot offer free bread to everybody, we can guarantee a plentiful supply of our fresh bread while avoiding the hustle and bustle of the supermarkets. Thanks

17 hours ago, mort said:

To be fair it was @NewBiz who started this off 

Hi yes I wanted to start a thread where younger people able to help those in their area who are older/unwell could be put in touch with one another. Thinking things such as running errands, doing some shopping or just a friendly phone call

Since I first tried to start the thread a few days ago I've taken on 3 households just from people I know, but could still offer some help if you're in the Loxley, Wisewood, Worrall, Bradfield or Wadsley area. So if you or a relative need help please pm me.

Is there anyone else out there who could offer their help?

Cheers

My cousin has a tattoo place out in Woodhouse, he is asking for donations to be dropped off at his place which will then be distributed around the needy in the area, any donations will be greatly recieved.

Skin Candii Tattoo Parlour

6 Chapel Street, SHEFFIELD, S13 7JN

07835 396558

10 hours ago, mort said:

The national trust have removed charges for all parks and gardens including car parking fees to allow people to access the outdoors while remaining socially distant. 

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/news/our-latest-statement-on-coronavirus-covid-19

Nothing mentioned about parking charges though.

If you know somebody who doesn't use the internet and is housebound then this may be of help to them. You need to register by phone and orders are taken over the phone. 

Sainsbury's Assisted Shopping. 0800 328 1700 mon - fri 9am to 5 pm

If you are, or, if you know someone who is a private landlord, please ask them to contact their agents/tenants, to offer tenants facing new hardships the opportunity to come to agreements over the coming months.  

There's a wealth of info & chat on the Moneysaving Expert 'Old Style' forums - Friendly & knowledgeable bunch of people there. I f you want to try 'grow your own check' out the gardening threads too. Suffice it to say. don't trust any old random post on the internet. I only trust information from the NHS, WHO, CDC & BBC news. Stay safe everyone

What a wonderful gesture of the bakery

I would not expect free bread and would willingly pay as I expect many other  over 70's would 

Well done .

I think we should all thank the medical staff who are doing a fantastic job trying to keep us healthy while risking their own lives. THANK YOU , we are very grateful  .

And also to the volunteers  who are helping the old and vulnerable  who are isolating and have no one else to help them. THANK YOU very much, there are some good people in the world.

Not all selfish shelf strippers.

The Government are setting up a system where those who are most vulnerable to the virus and are isolating for 12 weeks (over 70s, people under 70 with specific health conditions) will be able to register to receive support from the Government such as getting hold of essential supplies.

https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vulnerable

I am 72 and have emphysema and other chronic conditions. I live alone and have to do all my shopping. I hope the new service might help me.