Jump to content

Panic Buying/Shopping/Supermarkets During Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

Have tried to check this out but can't find anything on line? 

 

Someone's told me tonight that The Moor Market is closing this Friday due to the current COVID-19 situation? 

Anyone know if it's true? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Have tried to check this out but can't find anything on line? 

 

Someone's told me tonight that The Moor Market is closing this Friday due to the current COVID-19 situation? 

Anyone know if it's true? 

it may have changed since but here's something from the council

 

https://sheffieldnewsroom.co.uk/news/covid-19-markets-update/?utm_content=&utm_medium=email&utm_name=&utm_source=govdelivery&utm_term=

 

The Moor Market is currently open for the sale of groceries and essential items.

Opening times until further notice are 10am – 4pm.

All non-grocery traders are now closed.

The market will remain open while grocery traders continue to open their stalls, but this is the choice of individual business owners.

All traders have access to the market throughout the day to secure their stall and stock and the relevant security measures are in place for closed stalls.

Anyone (customers and traders) visiting the site must adhere to the Government’s social distancing restrictions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The shops are fine at the moment, some items are not available and they are generally quiet, just proves the idiots who went out in droves panic buying had no need whatsoever as the government told them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since we are likely to go into a recession, I wonder if inflation will go lower or higher.

If inflation sky-rockets, its sensible to stock up on tins etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just been to Sainsbury's on The Moor

 

Fully stocked but they are now, for the first time I can recall during all of this, operating a policy of restricting the number of customers in the store by having staff on the door. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Since we are likely to go into a recession, I wonder if inflation will go lower or higher.

If inflation sky-rockets, its sensible to stock up on tins etc.

Dont panic, dont panic  Mr Manwearing.  :hihi:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Baron99 said:

Just been to Sainsbury's on The Moor

 

Fully stocked but they are now, for the first time I can recall during all of this, operating a policy of restricting the number of customers in the store by having staff on the door. 

Same at  Asda, Morrisons, Tesco.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Seen a lot of Vultures  and Gannets the last couple of weeks in the supermarkets.  :suspect:

Edited by PRESLEY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The trouble is many shops sell both food,  furniture and electricals etc, such as B&M, Costco and the supermarkets; this is enabling people to still go out and buy those non essentials.

I'd be a bit miffed if I was the CEO of Argos or Primark being forced to shut down and watch people buy clothing and computer games from elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well just done my bi-weekly (every 2 weeks) shop at ASDA and managed to get almost all of it including bog rolls! Alas, couldn't get any tomato puree though and they did seem to be lacking in the tinned food section still. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, apelike said:

Well just done my bi-weekly (every 2 weeks) shop at ASDA and managed to get almost all of it including bog rolls! Alas, couldn't get any tomato puree though and they did seem to be lacking in the tinned food section still. 

Any queues Apelike ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Padders said:

Any queues Apelike ?

No queues at all at ASDA Manor Top. Went straight in and there must have been about a dozen shoppers in total. When coming out however there were a few standing outside waiting to be let in as it seems to be a one out one in policy when there are too many shoppers. All in all it was quite a pleasant experience with one of the staff who approached me and asked if I needed any help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.