Jump to content

Panic Buying/Shopping/Supermarkets During Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Aldi fare a bit better and co-op as well.

I've used the really small sole traders as well, butchers, bakers, greengrocers, all have had plenty of stock up to a point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

I haven't queued in one supermarket or turned up at silly o clock, nor bought anything over and above what I would normally buy in  a weekly shop, we've eaten our usual freshly cooked meals each evening (all very god), had ample cleaning products and other essentials, I've had to substitute say a chicken dish for a pork one as chicken has not been readily available other than that its been business as usual, there really has been no need for this nonsense.

Likewise no panic buying has been needed, I've been able to buy all our normal foods and I haven't queued either, I shop daily for two of us, according to my transactions most I've spent is £5.50 in a day spent £60 for the last 2 weeks and another £20 spent on the pets food, we always keep a good stock of food and shop each week just to top up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

There is nothing virtuous about going to many different local shops, shopping daily, or even weekly.

 

The PM has just popped your anti preparation balloon with the following instruction:

 

"People will only be allowed to leave their home for the following very limited purposes:

shopping for basic necessities, as infrequently as possible"

 

 

 

 

Edited by fools

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fools said:

There is nothing virtuous about going to many different local shops, shopping daily, or even weekly.

 

The PM has just popped your anti preparation balloon with the following instruction:

 

"People will only be allowed to leave their home for the following very limited purposes:

shopping for basic necessities, as infrequently as possible"

 

 

People who haven't got a car are going to be shopping more frequently and might well be unable to get to supermarkets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Longcol said:

People who haven't got a car are going to be shopping more frequently and might well be unable to get to supermarkets.

That's fine, (although there are ways around it), it's covered by the words "as possible".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, fools said:

That's fine, (although there are ways around it), it's covered by the words "as possible".

And it may well be possible that some people need to visit a number of small local shops on a more or less daily basis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're missing the point, not that it matters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fools said:

You're missing the point, not that it matters.

Perhaps you made it rather badly in #291 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps, or perhaps you understood it full well.

 

I avoid quoting where possible, as it is commonly used by gangs of people to bully people with a different viewpoint, so if you really didn't understand the point, read the rest of the thread to get the context.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just make your point clearly rather than inviting people to read 25 pages of a thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, fools said:

Perhaps, or perhaps you understood it full well.

 

I avoid quoting where possible, as it is commonly used by gangs of people to bully people with a different viewpoint, so if you really didn't understand the point, read the rest of the thread to get the context.

 

 

Don’t row folks - it’s bad but stick together. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

There is no row, it's a discussion. You won't find any personal insults in my posts.

Edited by fools

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.