Jump to content

Panic Buying/Shopping/Supermarkets During Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, kaytie said:

I can sort of understand the loo roll thing....they have an indefinite shelf life ... but have been trying, unsuccessfully, to buy bread for two days.   How can you hoard bread?   It goes stale!   Ok you can freeze it, but only in a limited capacity unless you have an industrial (Boris hideout 😀) size job

Where have you been looking? Practically everywhere I’ve been I’ve seen loads of bread on the shelves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Where have you been looking? Practically everywhere I’ve been I’ve seen loads of bread on the shelves.

Just been to ASDA parson cross, no bread..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

It’s the same people every day apparently.

Some people are buying up supplies and reselling them at inflated prices. (BBC 6.0pm News.) 

 

IMO, anyone caught profiteering in this manner during a National crisis should be reported and arrested immediately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Padders said:

Just been to ASDA parson cross, no bread..

I did a shop 2 days ago, plenty in the shelves at ASDA manor top and LIDL down prince of wales road. Maybe situation is different now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got bread this afternoon from Beres.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Some people are buying up supplies and reselling them at inflated prices. (BBC 6.0pm News.) 

 

IMO, anyone caught profiteering in this manner during a National crisis should be reported and arrested immediately.

Who are these people who are buying groceries at inflated prices?  I think there is a lot of nonsense being spouted. I acknowledge panic buying has happened but I don't believe there is a big black market trade because of the current situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Waldo said:

Where have you been looking? Practically everywhere I’ve been I’ve seen loads of bread on the shelves.

Not in Lidl yesterday, and why are all the eggs getting snapped up,

they don't  keep that long.

Edited by jaffa1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty sure were seeing a domino effect, the more people who panic buy , the more will follow suit, 

 

 

 

 

 

Just now, Padders said:

I'm pretty sure were seeing a domino effect, the more people who panic buy , the more will follow suit, 

It's spreading faster than the virus..take me for example, Just been to ASDA and their just about sold out of everything, empty aisle after aisle.. Make no mistake the next time I find what I want, I'm going to stock up 10fold.

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Padders said:

:huh:.

Every time my daughter visits from London,  she uses a full roll every time she goes to the toilet, I always stock up when I know she is coming.

A full roll? My she must have a big bum.

I remember when there was a toilet roll shortage some years ago but I cannot remember the reason for it but being a member of the Dial House Club we use to visit at the weekends. The committee found out that the ladies were pinching the rolls and putting them in their handbags.

They had a meeting and decided  that when the ladies went to the loo they had to go to the chairman's little box and ask for paper, he use to tare them two squares off.

True story  wouldn't happen today. How embarrassing  was that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Anna B said:

Some people are buying up supplies and reselling them at inflated prices. (BBC 6.0pm News.) 

 

IMO, anyone caught profiteering in this manner during a National crisis should be reported and arrested immediately.

Agreed. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, West 77 said:

Who are these people who are buying groceries at inflated prices?  I think there is a lot of nonsense being spouted. I acknowledge panic buying has happened but I don't believe there is a big black market trade because of the current situation.

£19 for a bottle of Calpol and £9  for a packet of Paracetamol.  (ITV News at Ten.) 

 

And that's a Pharmacy, not some dodgy bloke selling knock-off sanitiser from a suitcase or the back of a van. . .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Anna B said:

£19 for a bottle of Calpol and £9  for a packet of Paracetamol.  (ITV News at Ten.) 

 

And that's a Pharmacy, not some dodgy bloke selling knock-off sanitiser from a suitcase or the back of a van. . .

 

£9 for paracetamol.  I gave some away yesterday to someone that couldn't get any.  They were just sat in my cupboard doing nothing (the paracetamol, not the person:hihi:).    Hopefully if someone has something like this they will share with whoever needs it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.